Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Pittsburgh ANA

Well today was set up day and I didn't finish setting up and never got to leave the booth. This has the makings of a great show ( cash wise ) Tomorrow I have some help behind the counter so I can get out and explore the floor. Sales for me consisted of world silver coins in the $30 - $100 range , So called dollars and 1 ounce bullion coins ( mostly Mexico and Canada ) and a bunch of proof sets ( India, Panama , Hungary and earlier Canada ) Well I'm gonna grab a glass or two of wine some food and hit the sack.

If you can't swim you better stay in the boat.......

Comments

• Options
    1960NYGiants1960NYGiants Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭✭

Good luck Ken. Sorry I cannot get out there.

Gene

Life member #369 of the Royal Canadian Numismatic Association
    Member of Canadian Association of Token Collectors

Collector of:
    Canadian coins and pre-confederation tokens
    Darkside proof/mint sets dated 1960
    My Ebay
  • Options
    jfoot13jfoot13 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭

@1960NYGiants said:
    Good luck Ken. Sorry I cannot get out there.

I'll be looking for you in a few weeks in Manchester NH

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Best wishes. These daily reports are great. Is there
    a lot of traffic?

• Options

well yesterday was dealer setup and early birds but I was very busy , on my way in right now and I'll let you know tonigh

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll see you Friday

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    TheRavenTheRaven Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭✭

I will be there Saturday with my 7 year son. He is quite excited to be going to a big show.

Collection under construction: VG Barber Quarters & Halves
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for sharing, I love show reports to shows I can't make it to. Best of Luck

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like show reports too !😊

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options

another good day in the neighborhood , The Buffalo bus helped pay the rent :) business was brisk in the morning mostly world half dollar to crown sized silver with German States and Great Britain with strong interest in the colonies also. I also got rid of a lot of US junk also sold 3 milk crates of modern proof sets @ 80% of bid along with 30 - 40 morgans and maybe 20 - 25 Barber halves and about $300 out of the cent and nickel junk box and best of all I sold 8 bags of wheat cents ( god those are heavy to carry around ) lol Well it's time to wine and dine myself and get ready for tomorrow

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like a great show! I hope to be well organized enough at the Chicago ANA show to bring anything and everything! Best of all not bring it back with me. PM me if you could the price you got on the Wheat Bags, I have 34 to move.

Philly ANA last year was a real eye opener to be bigger market, year before in Denver was a slight let down.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jfoot13 said:
    another good day in the neighborhood , The Buffalo bus helped pay the rent :) business was brisk in the morning mostly world half dollar to crown sized silver with German States and Great Britain with strong interest in the colonies also. I also got rid of a lot of US junk also sold 3 milk crates of modern proof sets @ 80% of bid along with 30 - 40 morgans and maybe 20 - 25 Barber halves and about $300 out of the cent and nickel junk box and best of all I sold 8 bags of wheat cents ( god those are heavy to carry around ) lol Well it's time to wine and dine myself and get ready for tomorrow

It sounds like you had a great day unloading "stuff". It now is someone else's problem and not yours! The decline of interest in modern proof sets is stunning. I sold some a few months back and was happy to be rid of them even though they sold at a big loss.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options

Can't wait to get to this show tomorrow.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@quoth TheRaven :
    Can't wait to get to this show tomorrow.

I have nothing impoetant to add , just couldn't resist

• Options

:)

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Curious how many of the Proof and Mint Sets you sold for 80% of bid were below face value!

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,947 ✭✭✭✭✭

@amwldcoin said:
    Curious how many of the Proof and Mint Sets you sold for 80% of bid were below face value!

Sad that this question has to be asked, isn't it?

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, It's crazy. I remember paying more for proof sets in the 70's than they sell for now! Figure in inflation and that is worse than dismal!

@291fifth said:

@amwldcoin said:

Sad that this question has to be asked, isn't it?

• Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭

You think US proof sets are bad........try selling Panama proof sets from 1966 to 1971.

I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bidask said:
    You think US proof sets are bad........try selling Panama proof sets from 1966 to 1971.

I like the balboa format but not in proof

• Options

I did sell about 100 beautiful golden bag toned unc 1/2 balboas 1961 + 62 and about 50 1/4 balboas 4 or 5 of the 20 balboas ... Panama was doing well at this show :)

• Options

if you think proof sets were a bad investment thank god you didn't put your retirement in mint postage from the 40s to date lol