Home Sports Talk
Options

if you could belly up to the bar with only one CU member who frequents sports talk, who would it be?

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 26, 2019 5:35PM in Sports Talk

i've thought long and hard about this, and the decision is about as difficult as it gets.

but i've gotta go with bronco. no one comes remotely close to articulating their thoughts the way he does (part compliment......part not 😜), so i can only imagine what it would be like in the flesh after imbibing some pops. a part of me wonders if we'd even talk sports. another part of me wonders if we'd even be alive the next day?

Comments

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭

Red Auerbach.

• Options

And Moses Malone.

• Options

title edited for clarity lol

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd be happy to belly up to the bar with anyone here.....

.....just as long as they're buyin' ;)

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have a drink with anyone here. Coin forum as well.

One choice though, it would be Dallasactuary. We could argue whether Pabst is better than Corona until the place closed up.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

ls of good choices here. would certainly be good company. too new to have a favorite yet
    As a newbie, I'd buy the first round!

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Perkdog and stevek. Both are great guys.

Paul and I would discuss NFL football. Particularly about the time he liked the Dallas Cowboys many moons ago. I'm sure the Pats would be discussed as well which would be fine by me.

Steve and I would discuss NFL football. Particularly, our mutual love of Jerry Jones. I'm sure the eagles would be discussed as well which would not at all be fine by me.

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm with Coin,I'd have a drink with anyone here as well but depending on what games are being played that night it would come down to certain members here.
    For Pats games..Perk or Bronco. Most other Pats games probably a fan of the opposing team. Pats-Philly then definitely steve only if the bar isn't in Philly,I'd like to be able to walk away after the game with my limbs still attached ;)
    For basketball definitely galaxy. I don't have the patience to watch baseball at home let alone a bar,same with hockey.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

Matt you and I would have a blast for sure, Tonya would definitely have to pick us up though as the beers would be flying 🍻🍺🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻 ( topped off with a pair of shots too 🥃🥃.) I’d sit down with any and all of you guys here, I’d have to say Steve would probably involve a million different conversations though so might need a long weekend 😂

• Options

Justacommem would be choice number two. You know he would bring strippers.

B)

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Matt you and I would have a blast for sure, Tonya would definitely have to pick us up though as the beers would be flying 🍻🍺🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻🍻🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺🍻 ( topped off with a pair of shots too 🥃🥃.) I’d sit down with any and all of you guys here, I’d have to say Steve would probably involve a million different conversations though so might need a long weekend 😂

I promise if we all get together, that I would try to keep the conversation about the Eagles Super Bowl championship season to only around 90% of the conversation. It would be tough to do though because Paul would want to do around 90% about Tom Brady, and Matt would want to do around 90% about Emmitt Smith. :)B);)

• Options

@erikthredd said:
    I'm with Coin,I'd have a drink with anyone here as well but depending on what games are being played that night it would come down to certain members here.
    For Pats games..Perk or Bronco. Most other Pats games probably a fan of the opposing team. Pats-Philly then definitely steve only if the bar isn't in Philly,I'd like to be able to walk away after the game with my limbs still attached ;)
    For basketball definitely galaxy. I don't have the patience to watch baseball at home let alone a bar,same with hockey.

I've got some pull in the bar, so i would tell them hands off Eric...that is as long as the Eagles win the game. :)B);)

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea Emmitt Smith!

• Options

@perkdog said:

And if fireball is involved not only would Tonya be picking us up, you would be tasked with dragging me out to the car. Actually any hard stuff hates me but I try haha

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

I've got some pull in the bar, so i would tell them hands off Eric...that is as long as the Eagles win the game. :)B);)

Between the Randall Cunningham & Donovan Mcnabb days,Philly was my NFC team for years so I could probably talk my way out if needed.

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

Between the Randall Cunningham & Donovan Mcnabb days,Philly was my NFC team for years so I could probably talk my way out if needed.

Please don't tell anybody I said this, but the Patriots are definitely by far my favorite AFC team. In fact by far my favorite team other than Philly teams in all of sports.

It's not just because of the winning, it's the class and style that a number of Patriots players bring to the game, on and off the field.

And of course having the GOAT NFL head coach helps in that regard. :)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2019 7:05PM

bronco quit drinking in 1989 , but he would probably knock back a shirley temple . Or something more manly like a jim jones

• Options
    edited March 26, 2019 7:08PM

@stevek said:

Read this and thought why haven't we seen a Bill Belichick Game Used Hoodie card yet from one of the card companies over the years?

• Options

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

@erikthredd said:

Please don't tell anybody I said this, but the Patriots are definitely by far my favorite AFC team. In fact by far my favorite team other than Philly teams in all of sports.

It's not just because of the winning, it's the class and style that a number of Patriots players bring to the game, on and off the field.

Same here Steve. When the Pats first chose to be introduced and come out onto the field as a team back in 01, they had me as a fan. Setting aside "self" and coming out as one....friggin awesomeness!

• Options

@erikthredd said:

@stevek said:

Read this and thought why haven't we seen a Bill Belichick Game Used Hoodie card yet from one of the card companies over the years?

Maybe because Belichick is still wearing the same ones for the past 40 years? :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

bronco quit drinking in 1989

very commendable brother

ok we'll snort a few lines instead

• Options

@stevek said:

Please don't tell anybody I said this, but the Patriots are definitely by far my favorite AFC team

@erikthredd said:

Between the Randall Cunningham & Donovan Mcnabb days, Philly was my NFC team for years

so cute that my little thread is bringing everyone out of the closet

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

Id knock back a Pepsi with any of the guys in here. I may not agree with everyone all the time, but it sure is fun here.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

Keets

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would welcome any time spent with Sanction and justacomemman, but we'd probably talk about stuff other than Sports. if I could only talk Sports I would say Bronco and Brick.

• Options

I think Keets and I would talk about a wide variety of things, including hoops and coins.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    Id knock back a Pepsi with any of the guys in here. I may not agree with everyone all the time, but it sure is fun here.

Pepsi, hell. You can't just look at calories, you have to consider sodium and carbonation.

Mr. Pibb is the GOAT.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@craig44 said:

Pepsi, hell. You can't just look at calories, you have to consider sodium and carbonation.

Mr. Pibb is the GOAT.

even Wendy's that has the machine that dispenses 300 different flavor sodas doesn't have mr pibb

• Options

What do you expect from a place with square hamburgers?

:*

• Options

@Coinstartled said:

Mr. Pibb is the GOAT.

no freaking question about it. Mr. Pibb was my jam. Pibb Xtra suffices, but it is NOT the same formula.

• Options

Mr.Pibb? Yea that’s comprable to Schlitz. Both ‘70’s drinks

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brick is also a fine choice in addition to all those mentioned. Darin can pull up a stool as well

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

I'm hurt that nobody wants to drink with me. :(

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

You’re in

m

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:

You’re in

m

Thanks Mark! :)B)

• Options

...and Tiffany, Sapphire and Candy are way more fun than talking Eagles football!

• Options

Since this board is full of New Englanders Id be happy to make the trip out if you guys can agree on a spot. I’m always looking for an excuse to get to Boston.

m

• Options

@Justacommeman said:
    Since this board is full of New Englanders Id be happy to make the trip out if you guys can agree on a spot. I’m always looking for an excuse to get to Boston.

m

That would be epic, I won’t plan an event but if someone else does and it’s in Boston I would be there 100%

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

judging by the number of posts for all of you, I guess I should ask if the young guy (not age, mind you) could tag along!!!! Guys here are very interesting and funny.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    judging by the number of posts for all of you, I guess I should ask if the young guy (not age, mind you) could tag along!!!! Guys here are very interesting and funny.

I would expect anyone willing to travel will be included.

• Options

Bullsitter is also a great choice. Especially during college football season

m

• Options

I toss in Justacommeman also, as long as he brings his proof Walking Liberty half dollars for show and tell.

Some of his sports and coin posts are fascinating, interesting, deep, nuanced and even obtuse.

• Options

I would like to sit and talk about Super Bowl VII in 1978 with @SanctionII . ;)B)

• Options

I would love to sit down with you Dimeman and talk Big D v. Little D, including the 1978 Super Bowl. Be warned I am still mighty P.O.ed about that game and the $20.00 bet I lost to a college buddy.

It really hurt to have to fork over $20.00 and watch the post game TV coverage where Dallas players were "crushing" in their hands empty cans of "Orange Crush" :s:s:'(:'(

• Options
    edited March 28, 2019 4:40PM

@DIMEMAN said:

dime i will come to your casa and drink strawberry dakprescottquiris with you anytime. but if you and mrs. dime walk into another room and i start to hear funny noises, i'll be forced to go to coin's house and bang on the door.

• Options

btw i'd be remiss if i didn't mention @grote15

i'm hoping that one day he will invite me over for a turkey dinner. i will pretend like i'm eating, while effectively downing only 1 or 2 bites. that will allow him to consume as much tryptophan as he possibly can, thus giving galaxy27 the green light to, ahem, admire all of his unopened goodness >:)