Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Gronk and Julio Jones Topps Chrome Rookies

I noticed that both Gronk and Julio Jones have alternate/variation Topps Chrome rookies. I’m not really up on the modern market. Anybody know what the deal is with these? Just contrived rarities?

"My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,958 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 27, 2019 8:53AM

Topps chrome makes different variations on their chrome cards. The variations are usually less in number of copies made, making them rarer than the regular base chrome. It took me a while to figure this out, because I am just coming back into the hobby.

• Options
    ndleondleo Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the photo variations were a case hit back then. Not every player has a variation.

I've opened a TON of chrome football over the years and have only had maybe 15-20 photo variations.

Mike