Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Pop 0 and Pop 1 Cards from Mid-80's Fleer Baseball Sets

I would be curious to hear people's takes on why there are still numerous cards that are pop 0 or 1 from so many sets in the 80's. I suppose the main reason is that there are only a few people who seem to be building registry sets for these years/sets? I know not many cards have been submitted for the majority of these low-pop cards, but it can't be because it is so hard to find quality copies of these cards -- it has to be that people just don't submit them because getting anything but a 10 is a waste of money? I guess that leads into my next question -- is it worth it to submit what one deems to be a PSA 10 of one of these pop 0 cards? What can one expect to get on Ebay if you do get a 10 of one of the common guys from one of the 80's Fleer sets? $50?

I received a couple of 5k count boxes full of high-quality mid-80's Fleer cards, and just trying to decide whether it is worth the time to go thru the pop reports and find the 0 and 1 pop cards, and then look for high quality examples of those cards to submit in hopes of getting a 10. I will go thru them anyways to pull out any stars/semi-stars, but wondering if I should look for low-pop cards....

p.s. For the few guys who do have registry sets for these sets, I wonder if they just wait for others to submit cards and hope they get the chance to buy the PSA 10's, or do they also go thru lots of raw cards looking for 10's to complete their registry sets? If anyone out there is big into registry sets, I would be happy to know what strategy you use when building your sets when it comes to common cards...thx

Comments