Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ROUND 9 Numismatic March Madness GIVEAWAY and Tournament

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

If you did not see my last thread, I am hosting a numismatic March Madness tournament!

The rules are simple. From now until April 8, on the dates listed below, voting will take place. In each round, you choose which coin should win! It doesn't matter why you chose that coin - maybe you like the design, maybe it has a cool name, or maybe you just hate the other coin. Whatever coin receives the most votes proceeds to the next round until we reach the championship on April 8! See the post here:
https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1015941/numismatic-march-madness-giveaway-and-tournament/p1
The last round was nearly a shutout! The Jackie Robinson $5 only earned one vote, so the Gold $3 secures the last spot in the Elite Eight.
So, here is the updated bracket:

This round is the first of the Elite Eight, and it is between two powerhouses - the Walking Liberty Half versus the Saint-Gaudens $20! A lot of people have bet on one of these two to win, so this round is especially important! Who will win? You decide!
Round 10 will be posted on March 29, so make sure to get in your votes for this round!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

ROUND 9 Numismatic March Madness GIVEAWAY and Tournament

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Gaudens $20

Tough choice.

• Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 8:55PM
    Saint-Gaudens $20

Saint-Gaudens $20

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walking Liberty Half Dollar

Heart over head.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 11:23PM
    Saint-Gaudens $20

:) !!!

Timbuk3
  • Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 26, 2019 5:25AM
    Saint-Gaudens $20

Only $2 gets you a chance to win this one at our NASC Golden State Coin Show in late August!!!

:+1:

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

punt on this one, fwiw

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a tough one. I think the Walker has a easier "poor man" following for an awesome coin design that is affordable. I would love to be able to collect a set of Saints but that is not in my cards. I like the design of both but I chose Walking halves as being the more collector friendly option. Hmmm maybe I should have clicked the Saint as that is the set I would rather have...

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Gaudens $20

I love Walkers but I picked the Saints to go all the way.

• Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

To keep it near the top! Still say buffalo nickels will take it all!

• Options

A difference of just 8 votes keeps the $20 ahead of the 50c!

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Gaudens $20

Hope the "Saint goes marching in".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Two days left!

• Options

One day left, and a difference of just 6 votes!

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,300 ✭✭✭✭✭

@illini420 Only $2 gets you a chance to win this one at our NASC Golden State Coin Show in late August!

To whom do I send the $2?
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Gaudens $20

Like choosing between 2 of my own children - not fair - these should be #1 seeds in the Final!

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saint-Gaudens $20

@jesbroken said:
    @illini420 Only $2 gets you a chance to win this one at our NASC Golden State Coin Show in late August!

To whom do I send the $2?
    Jim

The coin is being raffled off, along with another 24 gold coins at our August 23-25, 2019 Golden State Coin Show. You can buy tickets from pretty much any coin club in southern California as the various clubs sell tickets to help raise funds. If you are not in SoCal, I would be happy to sell anyone tickets, fill them out and get them in the drawing. Tickets are $2 each and we also sell 6 tickets for $10.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file