Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Question on a 2 new Pence 1971, is this an error?

Hello, First time I see this, I have look and nothing. On the reverse the lettre C has something I can identify.
NOTE: The last picture is a normal one just for you to compare. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sylsyl Posts: 905 ✭✭✭

Hard to tell with all the magnification, but could be a die clash from the Obverse. What's on the other side. Have you picked up and studied a book on errors yet? You can learn a lot from books.

• Options
    acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭
    edited March 25, 2019 6:46PM

Thank for looking in to this. Yes I am studying a lot on error coin if I am asking sometime it not evident. However, good tip you got there asking me to look for evidence on the observe side. Here are photos. It should be were you see the black spot.

• Options
    edited March 26, 2019 8:25AM

I wanted to see what the Obverse side looked like, in total.... a full view, not tiny ultramagnified images. A die clash will put a mirrored image on the other side, backwards. I have no idea what these last photos are from.

• Options

Sorry, my mistake.
    Her is 4 taken in face up and slight angle.

• Options

Look like a lite DDR on reverse denomination

• Options
    edited March 27, 2019 6:25PM

I never have any idea what you are trying to show with those magnified shots at the end .. maybe some die deterioration? If you have purchased ANY of the error books that I have recommended, look up what a "die clash" is. I have no idea what a 2 pence full reverse looks like and now I see what the obverse is. Is the "C" that you initially inquired about with something running through it? ... is it the "C" in Pence? Take a look at the coin you have questions about and look exactly where the "C" is if it were a clock. Then flip the coin over and see what is in the clock position that the "C" was in .. it could be a "1", an "I", part of an "E" or "H". Any of those from the other side could have impressed a straight fat line on the other working die that could make the under impression that you questioned. This is the last time I will answer one of your "error finds" until you actually buy a book and study it, so you know what an error is and how to recognize it.

I received an email from a friend of yours and he mentioned again that some of your cognitive powers have been affected by the serious accident that you had. I will continue to answer your queries, but you really need to try to study some books first .. and pls don't include 20X to 60X magnified photos .. on a computer screen they can't be deciphered. Buy the Alan Herbert book on Mint Errors.

• Options
    EVillageProwlerEVillageProwler Posts: 5,859 ✭✭✭✭✭

@syl,

You're feeding a troll. Maybe the OP is not intending to be a troll, but at best his actions cause him to behave like one despite what we hope are genuine questions.

Stop feeding the trolls and they will go away or stop being trolls.

@acadien,

In this context, a troll is a person who joins an Internet room and generates a lot of noise. It is possible that you do not mean to be a troll, but your lack of effort to improve suggests that you're either lazy or trying to generate noise.

EVP

How does one get a hater to stop hating?

I can be reached at evillageprowler@gmail.com