Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What's the deal with blue labels?

LBJ_CollectorLBJ_Collector Posts: 20
edited March 25, 2019 10:00AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I have a Kevin Durant Fleer Retro sticker-auto rookie card that came from the whole "Best of Leaf Basketball" lawsuit fiasco that Leaf and Panini got into a few years back.

It's certified authentic (I trust it is due to the fact Panini tried to sue to get these stickers destroyed). It's slabbed in a PSA blue label.

I've been wanting to get the card graded since I think it's well centered with four sharp corners (and I prefer the red label), but I've heard BGS won't grade them, and I've also read that PSA won't grade them either. Is this true? Why wouldn't PSA grade their own slabbed cards?

Comments

• Options

Here's how they look (not my card) for reference.

• Options

@han_soto said:
    pack issued auto in blue label? 🤔

can only think of two scenarios here:

1st: your theory holds weight

2nd: original submitter was dumb to submit a pack issued auto to psa for blue label service. naturally psa woulda took the money.

Here's the lawsuit details for reference:
    https://www.cardboardconnection.com/law-cards-panini-leaf-settle-lawsuit

Apparently it was settled by both parties. But the fact is there is no dispute that the sticker autos are authentic.

Also yes they are "pack issued autos" but the cards themselves are Fleer cards (Upperdeck), that Leaf bought and put their Kevin Durant sticker autos on the front.

Maybe that's why PSA won't grade the cards? I'm just wondering if anyone has talked to PSA about this (I may send an e-mail to my PSA contact).

• Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭

Can't imagine it matters who put the sticker on there, as long as the card and auto is authentic. Should be able to go in a red flip.

Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    rounding3rdrounding3rd Posts: 287 ✭✭✭

According to POP report, there is one card that has been graded under PSA/DNA service...KD-2 autographed card with a grade of 10. So they graded them at one point (but unsure of when in relation to lawsuit). Would call and ask them if you want a quicker response.

Working on Baseball HOF Autograph Set Registry
  • Options

@rounding3rd said:
    According to POP report, there is one card that has been graded under PSA/DNA service...KD-2 autographed card with a grade of 10. So they graded them at one point (but unsure of when in relation to lawsuit). Would call and ask them if you want a quicker response.

Yeah I saw that card (someone posted a picture of it on some Collectors group). So they did grade them at one point.

I may have to call in. Send an e-mail a few days ago, no response.

• Options

Well it ends up blue labels can move over as long as they aren't designated "Trading Card" in the upper left hand corner of the slab. Straight from PSA.