Home Sports Talk
Options

Lebron to miss playoffs.

BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

For the first time in 14 years. Will you miss him? I'm sure the TV networks will.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

he will have time to work on producing reality tv shows , so he has that going for him

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Le "who".

• Options
    CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Clunker of a year for Lakers that is for sure. James is the only current player that i would pay to see.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,749 ✭✭✭✭✭

As predicted by many, and it was an easy call, LeBron has been LeBust for the Lakers.

Sure he put up good stats for the season. But what good did it do for the team when they couldn't even make the playoffs.

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

If next year's Lakers team also misses the playoffs I can see James forcing the Lakers to trade him, maybe back to Cleveland.

Unless he shifts focus to his non basketball business life and drops basketball to #2 on the list of his priorities.

• Options

@SanctionII said:
    If next year's Lakers team also misses the playoffs I can see James forcing the Lakers to trade him, maybe back to Cleveland.

Unless he shifts focus to his non basketball business life and drops basketball to #2 on the list of his priorities.

What convinced the guy that yet another executive producer of 3rd rate tv shows was what the world needed him to be? He is looking beyond what he is gifted at in order to be something no one needs or wants

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

What convinced the guy that yet another executive producer of 3rd rate tv shows was what the world needed him to be? He is looking beyond what he is gifted at in order to be something no one needs or wants

Sorta like Jordan going off to play Baseball for 2 years! ARGH!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

What is it with you not accepting the fact that the league made him do that? Jordan was a degenerate gambler and they told him to take off or they were going to suspend him.

His gambling led to the murder of his own father.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

What is it with you not accepting the fact that the league made him do that? Jordan was a degenerate gambler and they told him to take off or they were going to suspend him.

LOL

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

LOL

It does explain why you defend pete rose though they are basically the same guy. All the talent in the world but completely unable to control their degenerate behavior .

Its right up there with steve maintaining joe paterno didn't do anything wrong. :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

LOL

It does explain why you defend pete rose though they are basically the same guy. All the talent in the world but completely unable to control their degenerate behavior .

Its right up there with steve maintaining joe paterno didn't do anything wrong. :D

If that silly story was true, which it isn't, why would the NBA let him back in! LOL!

• Options

@bronco2078 Here is the story from inter-net on Jordan. It is exactly what it says it was a "rumor"!

Gambling
    During the Bulls' playoff run in 1993, Jordan was seen gambling in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the night before a game against the New York Knicks.[60] In that same year, he admitted that he had to cover $57,000 in gambling losses,[61] and author Richard Esquinas wrote a book claiming he had won $1.25 million from Jordan on the golf course.[61] NBA Commissioner David Stern denied in 1995 and 2006 that Jordan's 1993 retirement was a secret suspension by the league for gambling,[62][63] but the rumor spread widely.[64] In 2005, Jordan talked to Ed Bradley of the CBS evening show 60 Minutes about his gambling and admitted that he made some reckless decisions. Jordan stated, "Yeah, I've gotten myself into situations where I would not walk away and I've pushed the envelope. Is that compulsive? Yeah, it depends on how you look at it. If you're willing to jeopardize your livelihood and your family, then yeah."[65] When Bradley asked him if his gambling ever got to the level where it jeopardized his livelihood or family, Jordan replied, "No."[65] In 2010 Ron Shelton, director of Jordan Rides the Bus, said that he began working on the documentary believing that the NBA had suspended him, but that research "convinced [him it] was nonsense".[64]

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

LOL

My guess is that you missed this news story a few years ago. Then again, maybe you didn't.

With Penn State wins restored, Joe Paterno the winningest coach again

• Options

so he denied it and that means it wasn't true?

OJ said he didn't kill anyone , the state of california wasted all that money

• Options

@stevek said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@bronco2078 said:

@SanctionII said:

LOL

My guess is that you missed this news story a few years ago. Then again, maybe you didn't.

With Penn State wins restored, Joe Paterno the winningest coach again

paterno is a scumbag , he allowed kids to get molested turned a blind eye to it because his record meant more.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    so he denied it and that means it wasn't true?

OJ said he didn't kill anyone , the state of california wasted all that money

All the facts are out there. Sandusky got what was coming to him, the molested boys received a lot of money and counseling, and Penn State is back better than ever.

So i'm not going to waste time regurgitating the scandal for your amusement.

Frankly at this point, I don't really give a chit what you or any other hater thinks about Joe Paterno.

• Options

A lot of money and counseling? :D Like a thousandth of what they get in ticket sales and TV money for a season probably .
    Every cent that Penn state makes for the next hundred years should be taken from them . Either that or the place should be burned to the ground. Either would satisfy me , I'm a reasonable man. :D

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    A lot of money and counseling? :D Like a thousandth of what they get in ticket sales and TV money for a season probably .
    Every cent that Penn state makes for the next hundred years should be taken from them . Either that or the place should be burned to the ground. Either would satisfy me , I'm a reasonable man. :D

Penn State was punished enough. Joe Paterno was punished enough. There is no doubt that the misery from this scandal contributed to his death.

But perhaps you would like to dig up Joe's grave, and whip the skeleton, right?

• Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

I more point in favor of Jordan over Lebron - Lebron goes from championship caliber team to young team and their record most likely gets worse. Jordan, 4 years older, goes to young 19 win team and their wins almost double the next season.

• Options

Lebron is in the top 5 or 7 maybe.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

I won't miss lebaby at all

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2