Home Sports Talk
Options

Worst concert you have been to.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Only walked out of one and it was Cher. Late 1970's at Caesar's in Vegas. Tried to buy good seats for the dinner show and ended up at the back of a long table near the rafters. Steak was not good and the sight line to the stage sucked. No great loss as the always beautiful Cher (I was a fan at the time) entered the stage dressed as an old wash lady.

Made it through about 45 minutes of tepid singing until Cher presented a slide show of her drug addict husband, Greg Allman.

With a half dozen crap tables not far from the door, we made a quick exit and enjoyed a nice evening of gaming.

:)

Comments

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 5, 2019 10:33AM

• Options
    maplemanmapleman Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Once at NY Philharmonic, Early 90's. Lieder soloist recital. Forgettable, left before intermission.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Uriah Heep comes to mind, opening for Edgar Winter, who barely saved the day.

Actually witnessed Gladys Knight and the Pips microphones go dead while singing '"Midnight Train to Georgia" while at an Atlanta concert...they're home town. Bubba, (Glady's brother), lit up the sound people like a laser beam...embarrassing for them, but I must say, kinda entertaining.

• Options
    larryallen73larryallen73 Posts: 6,057 ✭✭✭

Madness. 1985 or '86 at the Palace in Hollywood. I think they played for about 45 minutes in total. Pathetic!

• Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

About 3 years ago, I was in Las Vegas with a lady friend. If the VIP host had spoken to me in private, I would have quickly been able to decline, but he asked me in the presence of my friend if we'd like comped tickets to see Britney Spears when she was doing her "Piece of Me" residency at Planet Hollywood. Of course my friend thought that was a fantastic idea! I was certainly close to the stage, and Britney is a beautiful woman in the right makeup and costumes, but my God, my ears!...thankfully, I'd prepared by pounding multiple free cocktails before the show. They kicked in, the pain was numbed, and I was somehow able to sleep through the last half of the show. Haha!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beach Boys. Grateful Dead.
    I guess they are good groups but not my kind of music in the 70’s. Only 2 I’ve walked out on.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.