Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just curious. Re: Encased Postage

MWallaceMWallace Posts: 3,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand that they're a cross collectible, but still, why do none of the major TPG's authenticate and grade them?

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23, 2019 3:00PM

I'm SHOCKED to read this plus you are not correct. So far, they have been very easy to authenticate and detect alterations, Apparently, you have not contacted each of the four major grading services: PCGS, NGC, ICG, and ANACS. I know for a fact that one of them has done a few. If as you wrote you were told differently at each of the services. Try calling them again this coming week. Apparently, one of the "clucks" at the major TPGS that authenticates/grades them gave you some misinformation. :(

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,443 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    I'm SHOCKED to read this plus you are not correct. So far, they have been very easy to authenticate and detect alterations, Apparently, you have not contacted each of the four major grading services: PCGS, NGC, ICG, and ANACS. I know for a fact that one of them has done a few. If as you wrote you were told differently at each of the services. Try calling them again this coming week. Apparently, one of the "clucks" at the major TPGS that authenticates/grades them gave you some misinformation. :(

Why not just tell us who slabs them?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:

@Insider2 said:

Because that's less amusing?

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Certification services for stamps: The Philatelic Foundation (PF) and Professional Stamp Experts (PSE).

• Options

@PerryHall said:

@Insider2 said:

I prefer to remain silent on this one. The OP can PM me if it is allowed. The best teachers did not give us the answers. They taught us how to find the answer for ourselves. There is enough information in the thread for any interested person to find the answer.

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:

@PerryHall said:

@Insider2 said:

Because that's less amusing?

Actually, Not amusing at all. This is a PCGS forum. I had no clue that some major TPGS's did not certify encased postage! At least one does. Nevertheless, I'm not going to send business elsewhere. o:)

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Yellow Label slab company does them along with brass shell cards and mirrors.

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options

BTW @jmlanzaf, have you found a resource on the Internet to ID the coin I posted. I'm still hoping what I asked for will exist for all of us sometime in the future because it does not exist at the moment. :(

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    BTW @jmlanzaf, have you found a resource on the Internet to ID the coin I posted. I'm still hoping what I asked for will exist for all of us sometime in the future because it does not exist at the moment. :(

The technology exists. It would be likely be a waste of resources to apply it to that particular endeavor. But you are either baiting me or being intentionally obtuse, so I'm going to just leave it here.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file