Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Vintage pins/ sports pins

Hi there,

First post here. Hopefully this is the right section, let me know if I need to post somewhere else.

I have a small collection of about 30 vintage pins from the late 80s - to early 90s but can't find the exact ones I have online to price them for sale.

Comments

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 10:01AM

Hi right back!

Welcome.

Those are really nice pins.

Have no idea what/where they came from. We don't get a lot of pin collectors here.

Hopefully someone will know. If I had to guess? They were highly mass produced and plentiful?

Mike
  • countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 1:45AM

I can't help you with most of those pins, but the football helmets look to be Peter David branded pins. I have a complete set, framed, that I bought on eBay for about $40 delivered if I recall correctly. I don't have any idea what the MSRP was on these originally. I just thought it was a neat item.

I've seen ndividual helmets sell for a few dollars apiece, as some fans only want one of THEIR team. I don't know a lot about these pins, if they are/were released yearly, but you can find sets and individual pins online that show the progression of the team logos changes. Your Jets helmet is from a set that predates mine.

They also do MLB and NBA sets, too, but I'm not sure about NHL or other sports leagues/teams. I have 2 different framed sets for MLB, one with mid 80s versions of the logos, and another set from 1993 that includes the original Marlins and Rockies logos, as well as other teams' updated logos, but before the Devil Rays and Diamondbacks were founded.

Good luck in your search for info on the rest of those pins.

• IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭✭

I'd divide them by team, etc. and offer them up with a Min Bid of $4.95 and let it ride.....

Good luck!

IMF

Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Thanks for the feedback! They are Peter David, those style pins I have are different. The helmet graphics aren't the same size as any pins I've seen. Some are definitely late 80s.. they are very cool.

I collected them as a kid so I can confirm late 80s early 90s.

I don't need them anymore. I'm hoping to sell them for a fair price to the next person.

I live in Seattle so I have a some Seafair, and old-school kingdome pins. History :smile:

• I have this blow the whistle on drugs Seahawks pin 🤣