Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

ROUND 7 (Halfway There) Numismatic March Madness GIVEAWAY and Tournament

KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

If you did not see my last thread, I am hosting a numismatic March Madness tournament!

The rules are simple. From now until April 8, on the dates listed below, voting will take place. In each round, you choose which coin should win! It doesn't matter why you chose that coin - maybe you like the design, maybe it has a cool name, or maybe you just hate the other coin. Whatever coin receives the most votes proceeds to the next round until we reach the championship on April 8! See the post here:
https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1015941/numismatic-march-madness-giveaway-and-tournament/p1
In the last round, the streak of blowouts continued. The Fugio cent walked away with more than triple the votes of the three cent silver Therefore, the colonial copper shall face the Oregon Trail 50c in Round 11.
So, here is the updated bracket:

This round, two silver coins duke it out to secure one of two of the last places in the Elite Eight. Two popular coin series face off with each other. Who will win? You decide!
Round 8 will be posted tomorrow, so make sure to get in your votes for this round!

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

ROUND 7 (Halfway There) Numismatic March Madness GIVEAWAY and Tournament

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flowing Hair Dollar

Bump to top.

• Options
    NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flowing Hair Dollar

I love capped bust dimes, but sadly I must admit that the flowing hair dollar is nicer looking.

• Options

The dollar is ahead, but not many have voted yet! Get your votes in!

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flowing Hair Dollar

No contest here...sorry half dime guys.... :'(

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 12:28AM
    Flowing Hair Dollar

Awesome deal here...next year we should have all coins properly seeded prior to matchups...maybe a pole with all coins in 4 different subsets...highest percentage of each subset is seed-1 and so on down the line...I am down to help with it also, drop me a line anytime @KellenCoin ;)

• Options

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD said:
    Awesome deal here...next year we should have all coins properly seeded prior to matchups...maybe a pole with all coins in 4 different subsets...highest percentage of each subset is seed-1 and so on down the line...I am down to help with it also, drop me a line anytime @KellenCoin ;)

Thanks for the advice - good idea 😀

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file