Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Online PSA Baseball Card Dealers?

I've recently gotten back into card collecting after a very long hiatus. There are lots of cards I'd like to buy but haven't had any luck finding them on eBay or 4SharpCorners. Are there any other online dealers I should be checking out? I'm looking for PSA 9-10 cards from the 60s trough the 80s. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Comments

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check out BBCE e-Bay and website

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 6:25AM
    Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    x2drich2000x2drich2000 Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

If you're not finding it on Ebay, exactly are you looking for from the 60's-80's? Most standard stuff from that time period you should be able to find on Ebay.

• Options

The set I'm trying to put together are rookie cards for the '86 Mets. Some of the lesser players are low pop so I'm not expecting to see loads of them for sale, but I'm having a hard time finding some of the Gooden and Strawberry rookies in PSA 10.

• Options
    DeutscherGeistDeutscherGeist Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭✭

eBay usually has the Probstein, PWCC, and 4SharpCorners inventory up for auction. Whenever I see a card that I want from ebay and the seller is 4SharpCorners, I go directly to their website as its usually offered cheaper there for the exact same card.

The Strawberry and Gooden RCs in PSA 10 are always available on eBay. I am in the market for their rookies in PSA 10 myself. However, if the card is not DEAD centered, I pass. Maybe that is what you mean about the difficulty of finding them?
    I recently looked at the PSA 10s on eBay and 4SharpCorners, none had dead centering. I have not seen the 1984 Topps Traded Tiffany for Gooden in quite some time, perhaps that is what you cannot find?

I used to be against PSA 10s, but if one is dead center, then I see the price being justified, otherwise, they look like most PSA 9s. Both Gooden and Strawberry are highly sought after in the collecting world. There is no doubt they were on a HOF path, but their careers were derailed multiple times with various problems. Its a shame, but all we can do is wish them the best in their current life.

"So many of our DREAMS at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we SUMMON THE WILL they soon become INEVITABLE "- Christopher Reeve

BST: Tennessebanker, Downtown1974, LarkinCollector, nendee
  • Options

'84 Donruss Strawberry, '84 Fleer Update Gooden and '85 Donruss Gooden are the ones currently eluding me. None listed on eBay for a little while.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 24, 2019 3:32PM

Hiya MG - what's your first name?

Here's a good link with a "list of LINKs" to many of the auction houses that have cards up for the choosing aside from going to eBay: (I'm in no way advocating or recommending these auction houses - just providing the list)

LINK

I got a humungous catalog from REA which has tons and tons of cards up for auction right now e.g.

Mike
  • Options

Thanks for all the info. My name is Jason.

If anyone out there has PSA 10 rookies of players from the '86 Mets let me know. I can send you a list of what I'm looking for. Paying very competitive prices to get these cards in my collection.

• Options
    PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good to have another Met fan on the boards....good luck with your collecting goals!

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PaulMaul said:
    Good to have another Met fan on the boards....good luck with your collecting goals!

As a Red Sox fan, it's amazing how 15 years can completely alter my feelings toward seeing that. Actually, if I'm honest, it was just one year really: 2004. Congrats, Mets. We love you, Billy.

Arthur

• Options
    53BKid53BKid Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭

The Red Sox John McNamara and the Cubbies Dusty Baker get the blame for the two worst playoff collapses I’ve ever watched.

Still quite a moment to look at!

HAPPY COLLECTING!!!
  • Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Here is the list of people collection 1986 mets
    you can go to the population report to see how scarce/numerous each card is.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/team-sets/1986-topps-new-york-mets/2411

Put what you want to buy in your ebay searches

ex. 1986 Mets psa 10. Be kinda specific if only topps put in topps.

Do you know how to correctly search???

If you want many possible high only grades put in 1986 Topps mets psa (8, 8.5, 9, 10)

in parentheses you can put in player names or numbers. ex. (2,4,berra, mantle)

Just make sure you put a comma behind all the variables.

You can also start to eliminate unwanted searches by putting a minus sign in front of parentheses.

Ex you now have the berra card so edit your search and erase the old on you have stored on your ebay searches.

ex. your new search on ebay. 1986 Topps Mets PSA (8, 8.5, 9, 10) (2,4,mantle) -(berra, tiffany, oc, mc, sgc, pd, bvg)

Note: not every seller puts in Mets in their description. so if you include that it will miss all of those.

You might want to start with just the numbers to avoid that.

When I enter an ebay search I see what comes up and hen start to eliminate what I don't want.

good luck

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    I have some "unusual" Mets memorabilia you guys might be interested in buying.

I live in Port Saint Lucie Florida (Mets Spring Training home) so I have some "Posters" that were published in the local paper around 15-20 years ago. The years are 2000 National League Champs, 2002 Mets 40th Anniversary and 2003. The posters are approximately 12" x 23" when folded open, they are all in really nice condition and would look great framed and hanging in your "Man Cave".
    I also have an autographed golf ball signed by Gary Carter, he was playing in a charity Pro-Am tournament and signed it for me. It is personalized "To Tom, Best of Luck and God Bless You Gary Carter" See photos for a few sample pics and list of players and years I have. Now I don't want any "Cherry Picking" as I would like to sell them all together. If anybody is interested, make me a reasonable offer (whatever that is LOL). I am 58 years old and a long time buyer/seller on Ebay with 100% Feedback rating (9Sec93LX) so I don't play games.

• Options

@jay0791 said:
    Here is the list of people collection 1986 mets
    you can go to the population report to see how scarce/numerous each card is.

https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/baseball/team-sets/1986-topps-new-york-mets/2411

Put what you want to buy in your ebay searches

ex. 1986 Mets psa 10. Be kinda specific if only topps put in topps.

Do you know how to correctly search???

If you want many possible high only grades put in 1986 Topps mets psa (8, 8.5, 9, 10)

in parentheses you can put in player names or numbers. ex. (2,4,berra, mantle)

Just make sure you put a comma behind all the variables.

You can also start to eliminate unwanted searches by putting a minus sign in front of parentheses.

Ex you now have the berra card so edit your search and erase the old on you have stored on your ebay searches.

ex. your new search on ebay. 1986 Topps Mets PSA (8, 8.5, 9, 10) (2,4,mantle) -(berra, tiffany, oc, mc, sgc, pd, bvg)

Note: not every seller puts in Mets in their description. so if you include that it will miss all of those.

You might want to start with just the numbers to avoid that.

When I enter an ebay search I see what comes up and hen start to eliminate what I don't want.

good luck

I'm pretty savvy on eBay, so searching there isn't the problem so much as eBay doesn't seem to have a lot of what I'm looking for. It seems like most of the big sellers in the hobby list their inventory on eBay so I was curious if there are any hidden gem dealers out there who aren't already listing their stuff on eBay.