Home Q & A Forum
Options

25th SAE Anniversary

I have a full 5 coin set, graded sequentially all Perfect coins. Question? Is there a premium due to the sequential factor, set is not made up of coins from other sets.
I’m new to this board, any input is appreciated!
Thank you,
Patty_O_Furniture

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 21, 2019 7:26AM

@Patty_O_Furniture said:
    I have a full 5 coin set, graded sequentially all Perfect coins. Question? Is there a premium due to the sequential factor, set is not made up of coins from other sets.
    I’m new to this board, any input is appreciated!
    Thank you,
    Patty_O_Furniture

Welcome to the forum @Patty_O_Furniture!

Yes, there is a premium. How much is debateable and will be how much a buyer is willing to pay a seller. To get in the ballpack, I would look to previous auctions from GC or HA; and maybe the Bay.

Additionally, you might want to make a thread in the PM forum and pose the question with some pics of your graded (assuming slabbed) ASEs.

PM forum link: https://forums.collectors.com/categories/precious-metals

Edit to add: The above is if you are treating the ASEs as bullion. If as coins, then the US Coin forum maybe more suitable: https://forums.collectors.com/categories/u-s-coin-forum

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

I might be afraid to ask - who graded them and what was the grade. :#

• Options

PCGS Graded / Cert #’s below
    See for yourself! 👍🏻

• Options

@Patty_O_Furniture said:
    PCGS Graded / Cert #’s below
    See for yourself! 👍🏻

Congrats all 70s!

• Options

Illini420, I totally agree with you. The one difference is all of my set is “ First Strike “, it doesn’t mention that in the Cert Verification. I believe that is a game changer, would you agree?

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is good news that they are PCGS. I was afraid they would be that 10th tier grading service that grades everything a 70.

Some people chase labels, others do not. If the market pays more for them then the money has the final word.

• Options

@Patty_O_Furniture said:
    Illini420, I totally agree with you. The one difference is all of my set is “ First Strike “, it doesn’t mention that in the Cert Verification. I believe that is a game changer, would you agree?

The cert verification DOES mention that they are FS.

• Options

Yes you are correct. :)