Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Need opinions on this card border

What do you make of this card border? I want you to concentrate on just the outside border of the card. Do you see any problem with it? I've removed the details of the card to protect the innocent. Actually, I might purchase the card and so I'm keeping it's identity private. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks to have a bit of 'vending curl', but I don't see any obvious shenanigans. If I had to guess, the card was sourced from the top half of a cello pack that had large gum in the center, based on the overall bow and bottom corners tilted back.

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    white on white isnt doing these eyes any favor.

a blackout would be alot more revealing.

Here ya go

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭

almost looks like tape residue

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

Something looks off on the top left cut to my eyes.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭

Top left sure looks miscut. If you let me resub it, I guarantee it will come back miscut.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 20, 2019 5:41PM

The top left corner looks funny but it is probably because of what LarkinCollector said about the vending curl. The top border looks like maybe it is the a shadow from the top rail.

• Options
    yoda99yoda99 Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

yes, it's that top left corner that bothers me. just doesn't look right.

• Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭✭✭

Upper left edge has been trimmed starting about 1/3 of the way down the side. The sharp notch on the upper left corner looks too pronounced for this to be MC.