Options

Free Solo Climbing

perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 20, 2019 3:14AM in Sports Talk

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Huckleberry said:
    Of course we all know that the greatest free solo climber of all time is............... Mike Tyson.

wrong, its George Brett. everyone knows that.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

I watched the Doc ¨free solo¨ and it was one of the most riveting pieces of cinema I have seen in a long time. People that do things like that dont think in the same way the rest of us do. it is truly amazing. ¨the dawn wall¨ is another good climbing doc, but not as intense as free solo as ropes were involved.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    I watched the Doc ¨free solo¨ and it was one of the most riveting pieces of cinema I have seen in a long time. People that do things like that dont think in the same way the rest of us do. it is truly amazing. ¨the dawn wall¨ is another good climbing doc, but not as intense as free solo as ropes were involved.

Agree. Glad it won an Oscar

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

It takes all kinds! That is even more dangerous that the running of the bulls thing, I get queasy when I have to get on the roof of my house, :oB)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my opinion nothing on the fields of play can equal that kid and his free solo climb of the El Capitan

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, there's a good word for it.....insanity. 🧗

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I saw that documentary. I agree with perkdog. Nothing and absolutely nothing in sports is even remotely close
    to what that kid did.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets