Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1962 Post Sam Baker Red Asterisk SP condition question

I bought this card at a show Saturday. I know these are rare, but my question is there enough black edge showing to grade it? Is it fair or foul to straighten up the edges on these if there is excess left beyond the black? Please chime in. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've submitted over 200 1962 Jell-O hand cut cards and I still can't say for sure. My guess would be no but I've been wrong before. It is for sure worth a try!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@Allen said:
    I bought this card at a show Saturday. I know these are rare, but my question is there enough black edge showing to grade it? Is it fair or foul to straighten up the edges on these if there is excess left beyond the black? Please chime in. Thanks

Being that it is a hand cut card it is definitely fair to straighten up the edges.

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, and I have no qualms about trimming the borders if there is still white outside the black lines before sending them in. I'm not good at it but I think they make them look and possibly grade better when/if they get a numeric grade.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 8:35PM

On one of my 8's the black border is almost non existent on the right side of the card. Seems to me it should have graded lower.