Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pack Submission Questions

RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭
edited March 20, 2019 10:34AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
  1. I know about the no loose or broken gum rule. Think I read that humidity will get the gum to stick. True? Tips? Hot shower?

2. Have a cello that has price tag residue. Residue is old and unsure if goo gone will remove it without damaging the late 70's cellophane and not leave a smell.

3. Have some '77 wax with old price stickers. Does that hurt the grade?

Thanks!

Donovan

Comments

• Options
    coinspackscoinspacks Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭

i think price stickers give a max grade of 7

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 7:31PM
    1. Total grading cost with return shipping for a single pack from 1960-1971 valued at 2K will be $69, not $95.
    2. With the newly designed holders, wrapper damage caused by loose or broken gum is not as common an issue as it once was and in my experience PSA has relaxed this policy of late, though I wouldn't assume they will always holder a pack with loose or broken gum, either. I certainly would not heat the pack in an attempt to melt the gum to the top card as this may also cause potential damage to the cards within the pack.
    3. Both goo gone or rubbing alcohol work well to remove sticker residue with a soft cloth.
    4. I would expect a grade no higher than NM 7 for a pack with a price sticker.

Good luck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@coinspacks said:
    i think price stickers give a max grade of 7

Thank you.

• Options
    edited March 20, 2019 11:20AM

@grote15 said:
    1. Total grading cost with return shipping for a single pack from 1960-1971 valued at 2K will be $69, not $95.
    2. With the newly designed holders, wrapper damage caused by loose or broken gum is not as common an issue as it once was and in my experience PSA has relaxed this policy of late, though I wouldn't assume they will always holder a pack with loose or broken gum, either. I certainly would not heat the pack in an attempt to melt the gum to the top card as this may also cause potential damage to the cards within the pack.
    3. Both goo gone or rubbing alcohol work well to remove sticker residue with a soft cloth.
    4. I would expect a grade no higher than NM 7 for a pack with a price sticker.

Good luck!

Thanks! I just went to the next step after it said $95 and it changed to the $69. lol

Was hoping you would chime in as you have an amazing collection of unopened and knew you would know.