Home PSA Set Registry Forum
Options

Attention Vargha - 1951 Branca PSA 9

I'm not a collector of the 1951 Bowman BB set, but I do enjoy looking at the cards. In my opinion, they are absolutely beautiful cards. I just noticed that a #56 Ralph Branca PSA 9 (1 of 1), popped up on E-Bay tonight.

Sad to say that I'm not a computer whiz, so I don't have a link to the auction. But anyway, Vargha, I know this would be an upgrade in your awesome set, so this is just a heads up if your interested. If you decide to bid, I wish you luck.

Just lookin' out. image

Bernie
Bernie Carlen

Currently collecting.....your guess is as good as mine.

Comments

• Options
    theBobstheBobs Posts: 1,136 ✭✭
    Not a bad card, considering its from Uranus... The scan could be better...
    Where have you gone Dave Vargha
    CU turns its lonely eyes to you
    What's the you say, Mrs Robinson
    Vargha bucks have left and gone away?

hey hey hey
    hey hey hey
  • Options
    Vargha - I bid $20 in hopes of winning it just to give to you but was outbid.image

Wayne
    1955 Bowman Football
  • Options
    VarghaVargha Posts: 2,392 ✭✭
    This card has been relisted as it didn't meet reserve last time, despite a max. bid above $4K. The most serious player is probably John Branca as he not only has the $$$, but is Ralph's nephew and only has the card in PSA 7 to boot. The last time this was listed I suspected that the seller was merely "advertising" the card (with a ridiculous reserve) so as to make a private sale offline, but here it is again. Whoever winds up with this card will have a very desirable item, but they won't be listing on the "best five eBay purchases" thread.
  • Options
    mikeschmidtmikeschmidt Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭
    Vargha:

Without making accusations or inferences, there are some people out there who believe that dana-4, the seller of this card, is a direct descendant/same person as the previous seller on ebay "semana3", who lost their account in August of last year.

Whether or not there are shenanigans, these two (or one) seller(s) have been pulling out absolutely amazing cards and putting them on Ebay for nearly three years now. I would say that a significant minority of all of the 1950s PSA 10 commons that have hit Ebay in the last few years have come from this source
    I am actively buying MIKE SCHMIDT gem mint baseball cards. Also looking for any 19th century cabinets of Philadephia Nationals. Please PM with additional details.
  • Options
    That just proves everything... Uranus contains unopened wax of '50's material because Bowman and Topps had a surplus so they just sent them into space. Obviously the seller of this beautiful Branca actually does live there and has access to all of these cards. That explains some of the gems he has pulled.

Ian
  • Options
  • Options
    BigKidAtHeartBigKidAtHeart Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I do think the current high bidder's ebay id is funny!

"sandyduncanseye"

now that is humor!!!!
    ~jeff
    imageimage
  • Options
    It looks like Branca won his uncle's card this time around (with a surrogate bidder). I see that the reserve was lowered to "only" $4,000 this time around.

eBay Bid History for 1951 BOWMAN *RALPH BRANCA* #56 PSA 9 Only 1