Home U.S. Coin Forum

291fifth's thread has prompted me to do a one-word post thread, will you join in??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 20, 2019 4:00AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hominy.

Al H.

a Day 2 edit ---- it amuses me that some members lack the discipline to post only "one word" and others are wrapped so tight that they can't have fun.

Comments

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 11:39AM

grits

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL,

A little thought. That's three words and more to follow.

When I joined my first Internet chat board. I quickly noticed who the best, most knowledgeable members were. Then I shared one of my tests with everyone. Unfortunately popularity skews the results but this still works:

I divided the number of "likes" a member has by the number of their posts and got a percentage. Unfortunately, I got involved in the games as this and it took me two years to get over a 50% ratio.

The same thing can be done here. Divide the points by the number of posts. We have some very special members here that make this place the best.

Now that I don't care as much, I'm going to play.

I was going to post "Grits." Now my word is "useless."

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Butter.

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • fox9487fox9487 Posts: 282 ✭✭✭

biscuit

Successful Transactions: Coinflip, bp777, firstspousecoins, Akbeez, jmlanzaf, JWP
  • KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nil

• SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 1:26PM

Shrimp

(Edited to add, this was posted when I thought the word was grits, but it appears there's been several intermediary posts).

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. :)

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. :)

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    LOL,

When I joined my first Internet chat board. I quickly noticed who the best, most knowledgeable members were. Then I shared one of my tests with everyone. Unfortunately popularity skews the results but this still works:

I divided the number of "likes" a member has by the number of their posts and got a percentage. Unfortunately, I got involved in the games as this and it took me two years to get over a 50% ratio.

The same thing can be done here. Divide the points by the number of posts. We have some very special members here that make this place the best.

Miscounted

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes.

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gold.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@Insider2 said:
    LOL,

Miscounted

Misconstrued

• shortnockshortnock Posts: 369 ✭✭✭

Refused.

• FredWeinbergFredWeinberg Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭

Dylan

Retired Collector & Dealer in Major Mint Error Coins & Currency since the 1960's.Co-Author of Whitman's "100 Greatest U.S. Mint Error Coins", and the Error Coin Encyclopedia, Vols., III & IV. Retired Authenticator for Major Mint Errors
    for PCGS. A 49+-Year PNG Member...A full numismatist since 1972, retired in 2022

Gravel.

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keets!

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Singularity.

Steek!

• OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

stuck

“Unslabable”

• KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

able

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

unsaleable

Collector, occasional seller

• 3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cream

Beets!

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beetroot!

Smitten with DBLCs.

Beetlejuice

Keetlejuice!

@jmlanzaf said:

@Insider2 said:
    LOL,

Miscounted

Three! :wink:

• MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

Beetlejuice

• element159element159 Posts: 493 ✭✭✭

Supernova

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis.

• CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keeps!

• LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 19, 2019 2:41PM

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Edit for definition: “The action or habit of estimating something as worthless.”

• thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭

casque

I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
    edited March 19, 2019 2:05PM

OneSixty4

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beer!

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

Victoria

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

We should need to post a definition with our words. My dictionary is taking a beating. :)

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

phlegm.

Yuck.

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

dreck

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shmendrick!

• CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭✭✭

Shrooms!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
    edited March 19, 2019 4:36PM

@marcmoish said:
    Shmendrick!

Not in my dictionary, Yiddish slang?

Paper dictionaries are useless!

Internet: Douglas Harper's Etymology Dictionary. "stupid person," 1944, from Yiddish shmendrik, from the name of a character in an 1877 operetta ("Shmendrik, oder Di komishe Chaseneh") by Avrom Goldfaden (1840-1908), "Father of Yiddish Theater."

Keets! this thread so reminds me back in the day when you would start single word titled threads like "Why?" or "When?" or "How?" Remember those! I love your sense of humor as you (or anyone) doesn't take you seriously.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@Insider2 said:
    LOL,

Miscounted

Three! :wink:

3 followed by 3700 additional words

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file