Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My latest Washie for my sets.......

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is a common date, but I am picky so all of them are hard to find for me. :)

Comments

• Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice. Your patience paid off!!

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:
    This is a common date, but I am picky so all of them are hard to find for me. :)

As someone who loves Washingtons but is really just getting started, I would like some insight into your decision if at all possible. Is it more than the color? Were you waiting for a 66 that was really a 66, as so many have unsightly neck and cheek marks?

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@DIMEMAN said:

As someone who loves Washingtons but is really just getting started, I would like some insight into your decision if at all possible. Is it more than the color? Were you waiting for a 66 that was really a 66, as so many have unsightly neck and cheek marks?

Yes, I like color, but I also like the "right" white look. And yes, I don't like any distracting marks.

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DIMEMAN said:

@thisistheshow said:

@DIMEMAN said:

Yes, I like color, but I also like the "right" white look. And yes, I don't like any distracting marks.

Thanks for answering. I mainly collect raw quarters now and I am just starting to try my hand at a raw uncirculated set. It is tough, but fun, trying to find the right look. What you say about the right white look makes a lot of sense.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always a pleasure to see your coins my friend. I love the luster this one displays

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Another great coin, congrats

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

That one sure has the right look.

Well done.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list