Home U.S. Coin Forum

The coin kids are nicer than the card kids.

CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have always been a coin collector and sold coins on the BST, eBay, great collections and the like with absolutely no problems or headaches. I also recently started collecting sports related cards, as I did as a child. I have also tried to sell on ebay some of these cards. Out of about 10 sales, I have come across at least 3 issues with buyers. One called my card a fake before it had been delivered after making neutral feedback, and a couple people really grilling me as to why their cards aren't there yet. This has never happened to me before selling coins. Its like coin collectors are more in touch with the processes (shipping and handling times, etc.) that effect the buy/sale of a coin. I think I'm out of selling cards and will stick to coins. Coin collectors/dealers are much more appreciative and understanding. Just my 2 cents.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Coins and stamps tend to have a much older client base than things like sports cards and comics. I always have many more issues with cards, comics and even jewelry than with coins or stamps.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file