Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Question about submitting serial numbered parallels/inserts.

BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Please forgive my ignorance.

Im totally lost and bewildered by the sheer volume of the different variations in the modern releases. Im catching onto the most basic of the differences. There are patches, jerseys, autos, colors, serial numbered and combinations of all those. Then there are the exact same card with the only difference is the amount that the serial number goes up to, ie /1, /5, /10, /99 etc.

My question revolves around submitting these inserts. Do I need to be able to identify the exact title of said insert on the online submission form or will PSA already know and be able to label it correctly as long as I enter the basics (year, manufacturer, player, card #)?

I working on a submission now that has a few auto'd panini prizm's and I dont know if they are base, silver or what ever the possibility could be.

Im also submitting about a 100 Sammy Baugh inserts with several variations of the same card. Im not exactly sure how to enter them on the submission form to differentiate between each other or even if I need to.

Here is an example on one card in particular.

1954 Football Bowman
1956 Topps
1957 Topps
Redskins HOF Rookies
Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
Slinging Sammy Baugh
Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
Redskins Matchbooks

Comments

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

You should compare against Ebay listings to get the correct variation. The field should then populate with the correct type that you have. Sometimes though, there hasn't been one submitted so that wont be an option so you need to put it in there. Even if you put it in there incorrectly, odds are PSA will label it correctly. Of course, they do make mistakes and you can see cards labeled wrong. I would say that the extra research they are going to have to do if they don't know the exact variation is just going to make your processing time longer.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭✭

Pretty much exactly what he said.

• Options

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    You should compare against Ebay listings to get the correct variation. The field should then populate with the correct type that you have. Sometimes though, there hasn't been one submitted so that wont be an option so you need to put it in there. Even if you put it in there incorrectly, odds are PSA will label it correctly. Of course, they do make mistakes and you can see cards labeled wrong. I would say that the extra research they are going to have to do if they don't know the exact variation is just going to make your processing time longer.

Thanks, for the most part on some of the more popular players, jerseys and signatures it does indeed populate, just as you said.

Ebay did help with probably 70% of the rest. Hopefully PSA can fill in the few still remaining.

Thanks again.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options

PSA does recommend putting a label on each card with the submission number and Line on the submission form. While most people dont do that, if you have a lot of variations of the same card, it might be a good idea. That will allow PSA to more accurately process your submission and identify which card goes to which line on the submission form

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not PSAs job to figure out what cards you're submitting, unless you want to add an extra month or two to your turnaround while they cycle through the Research dept.

Try this link and filter on year 2008 and card # 179

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Person.cfm/pid/8737/Sammy-Baugh

You've got:

• 2008 Leaf Limited - Bronze Spotlight
    • 2008 Leaf Limited
    • 2008 Leaf Limited - Threads
    • 2008 Leaf Limited - Silver Spotlight
  • Options

@bigdogparty said:
    PSA does recommend putting a label on each card with the submission number and Line on the submission form. While most people dont do that, if you have a lot of variations of the same card, it might be a good idea. That will allow PSA to more accurately process your submission and identify which card goes to which line on the submission form

This is my 6th submission and Ive done that with each so far although with my first one (15 card CC voucher) I did mix up the submission number and instead wrote the spec# instead. I still but in each line number though. Luckily they know what they're doing and none of the cards got mixed into someone else's submissions.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:
    It's not PSAs job to figure out what cards you're submitting, unless you want to add an extra month or two to your turnaround while they cycle through the Research dept.

Try this link and filter on year 2008 and card # 179

https://www.tradingcarddb.com/Person.cfm/pid/8737/Sammy-Baugh

You've got:

• 2008 Leaf Limited - Bronze Spotlight
    • 2008 Leaf Limited
    • 2008 Leaf Limited - Threads
    • 2008 Leaf Limited - Silver Spotlight

Thanks Larkin, that tradingcarddb is a great reference. It was very helpful for the ones I couldn't ID using PSA and ebay. I definitely want to be as thorough as possible and ease the work load PSA has to do on each of my submissions plus I really enjoy learning about the cards I have. Im still figuring things out so the help is greatly appreciated.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I have (4) 2010 Topps Unrivaled Rob Gronkowski Rookies (/99, /299, /499, & /999). Same card, different colored background. All labeled the same.

• Options

@PatsGuy5000 said:
    I have (4) 2010 Topps Unrivaled Rob Gronkowski Rookies (/99, /299, /499, & /999). Same card, different colored background. All labeled the same.

Try using the tradingcarddb.com search engine that Larkincollector provided earlier. It helped me ID most of my inserts.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks