Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1964 D Nickle RPM FS-501?

Please, only the persons that desire to answer in a advisable matter should give me their opinions. When I joint the club in didn't state that it was for professionals only. So please, be at ease with me or don't answer.
Regard

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Don't think it is a match for the 501. Also don't see one that is a good match.

• Options

Great job trying to find a FS# for it.

• Options

Did you read this from your other post?

@acadien "I am not fit for this forum Ill just move on to another"

No need for that. Keep in mind that any public forums can be tough at times and you need to have thick skin.
    You are as welcome here as anybody else unless our host sees it otherwise.
    Thanks for letting everybody know a little bit about you.

You might find you get more constructive comments on the Q&A forum. Also if you started a thread for your new finds and questions and then just keep adding your new stuff to it. When members see your thread at the top they will know to look at your new items. I think you will find there are plenty of members here that are more than willing to help you out. If I see a new post on your thread I will be more than happy to help. There are others that check the Q&A fairly often like Hemi, Aspie & Insider , I'm sure they would be happy to help as well. The members that don't want to see what you are posting will learn to just ignore your thread. You might still get a few funny comments that are not meant to be hurtful but it should cut down on some of the angry posts you might get on the main board. I am new here and can't speak for other members but I think some might get upset when "Buy/Sell/Trade/Q&A" threads get posted on the main board.

The hobby of coins requires a certain amount of memory. If you are using this to help you regain and restore your memory that is great and don't let anyone discourage you. If you are not able to regain it you may want to look at other areas of the hobby like tokens, modern, bullion, type set, paper money and other fun stuff. Errors are tough and it's not for everyone. Don't be afraid to branch out and find new hobbies, it helps to keep coins from getting old and you may find something that you enjoy more or find more rewarding.

Hang in there! :)

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Another resource:

http://www.doubleddie.com/1469129.html

Scroll down to:

1964-D 5¢ WRPM-003
    Description: D/D West
    Die Markers: Obverse: A short die scratch runs NNW/SSE to the right of the lower L in LIBERTY. Reverse: Die scratches run SSW/NNE in the right arch and to the right of Monticello. Numerous other die scratches can be found throughout the reverse.

OR

1964-D 5¢ WRPM-004
    Die Markers: Obverse: LDS. None significant. Reverse: LDS. A die scratch runs SSE from the right side of the M in UNUM.

Look for the diagnostic die markers listed above, i.e., the die scratches. Does your nickel have these die scratches?

• Options
    acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Great job trying to find a FS# for it.

thank you :)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Another resource:

http://www.doubleddie.com/1469129.html

Scroll down to:

1964-D 5¢ WRPM-003
    Die Markers: Obverse: A short die scratch runs NNW/SSE to the right of the lower L in LIBERTY. Reverse: Die scratches run SSW/NNE in the right arch and to the right of Monticello. Numerous other die scratches can be found throughout the reverse.

OR

1964-D 5¢ WRPM-004
    Die Markers: Obverse: LDS. None significant. Reverse: LDS. A die scratch runs SSE from the right side of the M in UNUM.

Look for the diagnostic die markers listed above, i.e., the die scratches. Does your nickel have these die scratches?

Thank you, I will take a look later and get back to you A+ :)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Did you read this from your other post?

@acadien "I am not fit for this forum Ill just move on to another"

No need for that. Keep in mind that any public forums can be tough at times and you need to have thick skin.
    You are as welcome here as anybody else unless our host sees it otherwise.
    Thanks for letting everybody know a little bit about you.

You might find you get more constructive comments on the Q&A forum. Also if you started a thread for your new finds and questions and then just keep adding your new stuff to it. When members see your thread at the top they will know to look at your new items. I think you will find there are plenty of members here that are more than willing to help you out. If I see a new post on your thread I will be more than happy to help. There are others that check the Q&A fairly often like Hemi, Aspie & Insider , I'm sure they would be happy to help as well. The members that don't want to see what you are posting will learn to just ignore your thread. You might still get a few funny comments that are not meant to be hurtful but it should cut down on some of the angry posts you might get on the main board. I am new here and can't speak for other members but I think some might get upset when "Buy/Sell/Trade/Q&A" threads get posted on the main board.

The hobby of coins requires a certain amount of memory. If you are using this to help you regain and restore your memory that is great and don't let anyone discourage you. If you are not able to regain it you may want to look at other areas of the hobby like tokens, modern, bullion, type set, paper money and other fun stuff. Errors are tough and it's not for everyone. Don't be afraid to branch out and find new hobbies, it helps to keep coins from getting old and you may find something that you enjoy more or find more rewarding.

Hang in there! :)

Yes I did, very well said and I appreciate you concern. I will think about your advise, use to have an excellent memory, unfortunately not the case anymore. . Wish you a hell of a good day guy.

• Options
    Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got my attention!
    I need the 64 501 and will pay handsomely.
    Here are some pics from Variety vista

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file