Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Need some help/info on this card. *Edited (Answered)

BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
edited March 18, 2019 12:10AM in Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

I picked this card up because and I hadnt seen it before. Its newer card imo but it isnt dated. It has a very common stock photo on the front. I thought it was pretty neat that they used Sammy Baugh, a known tobacco user, on a tobacco card that has a no smoking sign on the back.
Any info on it would be great.

1954 Football Bowman
1956 Topps
1957 Topps
Redskins HOF Rookies
Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
Slinging Sammy Baugh
Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
Redskins Matchbooks

Comments

• BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

@han_soto said:
    custom card. not worth much.

I figured it isn't worth much. Is it a card someone made at home on their computer and printed?

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Tha> @han_soto said:

and they’ll get listed in spurts all at $5.99obo. 100 or so different cards at a time. but as you can see there isnt really any set name or card numbers. all the backs are the same and the front font tends to stay the same throughout the different designs or so-called series.

sometimes he’ll get fancy and do a 1/5, 2/5, 3/5 with a marker or push out a printers proof gimmick or something.

Thanks alot. I recently read and older (2017) article from sportscollectorsdigest.com about TCMA. They started out by printing unlicensed cards of yesteryear stars in their basement. But unlike this guy, they did theirs in limited run, dated sets.
    Thanks again for passing on your knowledge. I know now to stay away from this guys stuff.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks