Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Roll Call: Let's See your PSA 10's That are Pop 1's -- Serial-Numbered Cards Need Not Apply :)

I would really like to see what PSA 10 pop 1 cards people have that have a good chance to remain that way, or at worst maybe 1 or 2 more crop up over the next 50 years or so....it would be neat to know a little history of the card as well -- self-subbed, purchased the card already slabbed, etc. Since it is much easier to have a pop 1 of a serial-numbered card, I thought those should be omitted.

I will go first with these 2 non-sport cards. My collection is 99.9% sports cards, but over the past 10 years or so, I have dabbled a bit in non-sports stuff, especially when going thru antique malls, etc....these 2 cards I bought for like $3 each at an antique store in Stillwater, MN -- picked out about 8 nice looking cards from a stack of these actor cards. They aren't worth thousands obviously, but still cool to have a couple cards which could remain pop 1's:

Comments

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Impressive. Don’t let Huckleberry see this thread.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely beautiful cards, Kep - sorry don't know your first name?

I have some sets like that but hardly anything that would get a 10.

Personally, I have no Pop 1's - that's rarified air buddy.

Thanx for sharing.

Mike
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't have a scan of my one and only PSA 10 Pop 1 because all my cards are packed away. We're in the process of moving. The card I have is a 1985 TCMA Pawtucket Red Sox Mike Greenwell. Here's the pop report:

I'll get a scan in a couple weeks after the dust settles.

Andy

• Options
    smallstockssmallstocks Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 17, 2019 5:38AM

I have 16 PSA 10 1968 Flying Nun cards that are Pop 1's. Obviously too many to post here. I also have all 8 1977 Auto's of '77 PSA 10's that exist. That is a tough black border set that no one seems to be interested in for some reason. Proud to say that 23 of the 24 cards were ripped by yours truly.

Late 60's and early to mid 70's non-sports
  • Options
    skrezyna23skrezyna23 Posts: 908 ✭✭✭

Self-subbed last year. Purchased on a website and sent to me by a friend. Examined and sent it in.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have quite a few Pop 1's in my wrestling sets and this one stands out as one that fits the criteria you laid out. I self subbed this on my first submission to PSA in April of 2010 and quite frankly at the time didn't truly realize how tough of a card it was. As you can imagine the purple borders can show the slightest bit of wear and centering from this set is all over the place. I busted open a sealed pack from a seller who had been listing them on EBAY and he had doubled the price on his last set and said it was by the far the best he had. I saw it hit EBAY and bought it less than ten minutes after it was listed and had planned to keep it sealed but after receiving it and stewing on it all day I took one look at it later in the day and I couldn't help myself and opened it. I am glad I did. It was indeed an incredible pack and produced some stunning cards. I got five PSA 10's out of it and two of them are still Pop 1's to this day. The JYD was a big deal in wrestling in the early to mid 80's and nearly nine years later it is still the only PSA 10.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Being an obsessive player collector, it's not very uncommon to score pop one cards. I know in my case, what contributed to that, is the fact that I would search the particular card until I found a gem copy to submit. Couple that with liking the "rarer" issues, not overly collected, helps the count as well.

Here are a few cards that I submitted between 06 and 10ish.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

I've never heard of Nancy Carroll before but wow was she beautiful!

• Options
    mbothnermbothner Posts: 761 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I have quite a few 10 pop 1's for my various sets and runs for me it's an easy decision. Although I'm sure you're all tired of seeing it. I purchased this card about two years ago. There isn't to much 76' OPC material out there so it will take a well preserved example to make this a pop 2.

Kevin

• Options
    maddux69maddux69 Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭✭✭

I concur on player collectors are more apt to have an abundance of pop 1's. Here are a few of mine from the early 90's and likely will not see more. While the Topps Tiffany is not perfectly centered, it is within the parameters and better than any I have ever seen.

Pinnacle debuted it dufex technology in the 1993 Select inserts and the Select Aces was one of the tougher ones as it was only offered in super packs. It is very susceptible to chipping, especially on the reverse.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Some beautiful cards, gentlemen....hoping to see lots more...I think it is pretty cool to have cards in PSA 10 that have a chance to be the only example for many years to come....

Stone193 Posts: 22,912 ✭✭✭✭✭ March 17, 2019 12:04AM
    Absolutely beautiful cards, Kep - sorry don't know your first name?

Stone, my first name is Rick....I pretty much just read the forum from 2000 until the last couple years...a lot of reading with little posting...but decided to join in on the fun....been collecting since 1974, all sports, so have rooms and rooms full of cards :)