Home Sports Talk
Options

Cheer up Sean...your $100,000 a week paychecks still clear.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least for a while.

Comments

• Options

--Let me answer in two parts.

Some current rich athletes I am a fan of are LeBron James, Phil Mickelson, James Hardin, Nick Foles and Usain Bolt. Former athletes (still rich,) I have been a fan or are Barry Sanders, John Elway, Jerry Rice and Warren Moon. There are a bunch more and also guys I don't like such as Charles Barkley, Tom Brady and most recently Russel Westbrook. Interpret what you will from all that.

Regarding the multi million dollar that are sucking universities dry, that is a disgrace as the players go uncompensated and particularly in light of the recent buy admission to the school of your choice revelations.

The Sean Miller case is particularly nauseating because the guy should probably be headed to prison along with longtime assistant Book Richardson.

When i moved here a couple decades ago, Lute was the team head coach. He was paid well and resisted many offers to double his pay as Tucson was his home.

Today we have a disgraced bum as coach drawing $5,000,000 a year. his sucky post season performance is not really a factor to me, but Miller is clearly no James Wooden.

I blame the school for all this and hopefully he gets canned in short order.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t know how you can be a fan of Lebron James, the guy has such a big mouth outside of the court.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I don’t know how you can be a fan of Lebron James, the guy has such a big mouth outside of the court.

Admittedly it was easier a few decades ago to be a sports fan. Before twitter and everyone having a video recording device in their pocket, the action on the filed or court was pretty much all that you had to go on.

When James is on, he is a one man wrecking crew that makes everyone else on the court look like an undersized college freshman. Maybe we need an A/B rating system for on the court/off the court performance.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2019 7:04AM

@Coinstartled said:

@perkdog said:

Admittedly it was easier a few decades ago to be a sports fan. Before twitter and everyone having a video recording device in their pocket, the action on the filed or court was pretty much all that you had to go on.

When James is on, he is a one man wrecking crew that makes everyone else on the court look like an undersized college freshman. Maybe we need an A/B rating system for on the court/off the court performance.

That’s fair. I don’t care about what athletes do out of uniform but sometimes these guys just do too much blabbering about nothing that has to do with the sport they play.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,524 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 15, 2019 6:58AM

@perkdog said:

@Coinstartled said:

@perkdog said:

That’s fair. I don’t care about what athletes do out of uniform but sometimes these guys just do too much blabbering about nothing that has to do with it he sport they will play.

I really only care to hear them talk about the sport/game they are playing. I dont need to hear their thoughts on fashion, music, religion, social issues or politics.

shut up and dribble.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.