Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1956 Rizzuto White Back submission Question

Im working on the 56T Super. 2nd series white backs are tough, especially in high grades. The #113 Ruzzuto has a total Pop of 48, with only 8 high than a PSA 5 and the highest grade being only a PSA 7.

I have the one below that came in the original lot of about 400 56T I bought to start my set.

It has some issues, the corners could be better but the surface is great, high gloss, no scratches, and no stains. There is very minor edge chipping but other than that, a pretty decent card considering. As you can see the big issue is the absolutely terrible centering.
Even with the centering issue its still going to be worth it to submit due to it very low pop. My question for those with more experience than me is should I submit with under the no qualifiers or should I allow them to put the (mc) on the flip?
Im guessing another way to ask is what do you think it would grade with the qualifier and what to you it would get without?
I understand that most in the hobby hate owning cards with qualifiers but I think Id rather have a PSA 5(mc) over a PSA 2.
Just looking for a little advice, thanks in advance.

Here is a PSA 5 (MC) that sold for $105. PSA 2 on ebay has a BIN for $36.

1954 Football Bowman
1956 Topps
1957 Topps
Redskins HOF Rookies
Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
Slinging Sammy Baugh
Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
Redskins Matchbooks

Comments

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

Try to remember that PSA has not been recognizing the backs for all that long.
    In the case of Rizzuto and 1956 they will catch up with the pops.
    Your card will not get even a 5 and unless you indicate no NQ then a MC will apply.
    If you can bulk sub and are into card cheap enough so hat you ca absorb the value inc grading fees then go for it.

I would hold off and buy the card already graded if it were me. A lot of people doing raw sets would love your card.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets
  • Options
    BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    edited March 14, 2019 5:08AM

@jay0791 said:

If you can bulk sub and are into card cheap enough so hat you ca absorb the value inc grading fees then go for it.

Its is going in a bulk sub of about 250 cards I should be sending off before the end of the month and if you avg the price of the lot, I paid $4.37 for the card.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

On lower grade cards qualifier only knocks grade down 1 grade (I think).

I would submit "no qualifiers". White backs have been recognized for quite some time, so there's not going to be a sudden change in the pop report.

Your card is not as nice imo as the other one. Still a decent card and these white backs are HARD to find!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

@JoeBanzai said:
    On lower grade cards qualifier only knocks grade down 1 grade (I think).

I would submit "no qualifiers". White backs have been recognized for quite some time, so there's not going to be a sudden change in the pop report.

Your card is not as nice imo as the other one. Still a decent card and these white backs are HARD to find!

Let me know if Im understanding you correctly.
    Since you think mine isnt as nice as the 5(MC), you think it is maybe a 4(mc) but if I select no qualifiers it would knock it down to a straight PSA 3?

If thats the case, Im good with that out come.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

I believe there is no difference in what the negative qualifier is. There is a 2 grade loss.
    Definitely ask for no qualifiers.

You might be able to test this. In the "what if" of your sets pick a card you don't have and plug in
    2 variables such as 4MC and 3MC and see what PSA gives you in value.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets