Home Sports Talk
Options

LeVeon Bell to the Jets

grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is about as exciting as it gets for us Jets fans, lol..

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-leveon-bell-plans-sign-jets-042220907.html

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good for the Jets, Bell will fade into obscurity though 😂

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it isn't surprising that the Steelers have dumped Brown and now Bell, what is surprising is that it took so long and has been accompanied by such drama. Pittsburgh has been smarter than all this in the past.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Levon, Levon likes his money
    He makes a lot they say

• Options

Bottom line LeVeon Bell ended up making a good decision for himself.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

making lots of money, not making the super bowl. I guess its a decision they all have to make.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    making lots of money, not making the super bowl. I guess its a decision they all have to make.

Trust me, it’s money first

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@craig44 said:

Trust me, it’s money first

For BOTH the team and the player. Face it, if ownership can get someone to play for less than he is worth, they will, and then dump him even before he becomes a less than great player.

Contracts in the NFL are seldom guaranteed. Why should the player have to play under it if the team can cut him at any time?

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

I have contrasting views. The fan in me wants the great players on my teams to stay there. the pragmatic part of me understands that these guys have a very limited time to make all the money they can to have financial security for life.

I suppose if it were me making the decision, I would go after the money as well. To be able to retire and live well in my early 30ś would be very enticing. I could bypass winning a super bowl for that type of security.

• Options

Julian edelman works for minimum wage all these receivers getting 8 or 9 million are not half as good as he is.

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    Julian edelman works for minimum wage all these receivers getting 8 or 9 million are not half as good as he is.

Edelman is a BEAST. Tough as nails and gets the tough catch, he will never put up numbers like Julio Jones ect. But when it comes down to it you want to throw him the ball

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to the Jets is like retiring. He'll play 16 games a year and that's it. And we won't even know how he did. Do they even cover Jets games?

• Options

I read that! He does get 2 Million more in guaranteed money though. Either way if I’m Bell I’m regretting not resigning with the Steelers

• Options

• Options

it was a really stupid decision. he walked away from 14 million dollars. idiot.

• Options

@craig44 said:

you can't blame these guys for bad financial decisions. They are athletes not accountants or lawyers . Plus they are surrounded by losers that want to take them for everything and toss them in a dumpster. Half the time is family members that screw them over the hardest.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its seems like a Pats fan could have successfully talked smack against the jets,
    but the Cowboys? LOL.
    Grote with the shutdown.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    Going to the Jets is like retiring. He'll play 16 games a year and that's it. And we won't even know how he did. Do they even cover Jets games?

We've won more playoff games than the cowboys in this century, LOL..

That's only because we suffered sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long with Tony "THE CHOKER" Romo!

What's the score in total SB wins! :):oB)

• Options

@Darin said:
    Its seems like a Pats fan could have successfully talked smack against the jets,
    but the Cowboys? LOL.
    Grote with the shutdown.

Shutdown my A$$. He can't talk smack until he wins 5 MORE SB's! :o

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eagles have won the Super Bowl 2 out of the last 3 seasons.

i'm counting this upcoming season.

• Options

@stevek said:

Stop that Steve...……...I almost spewed soda on my laptop!

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Eagles beat the Chiefs in the upcoming Super Bowl. You heard it here first.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,531 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@stevek said:

Eagles beat the Chiefs in the upcoming Super Bowl. You heard it here first.

At least we know it won't be Dallas. They haven't advanced past the divisional round since the invention of the internet.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jacksonville over Philly, then galaxy27 posts a pic of Nick Foles on a McGavock Nissan billboard soon thereafter

you heard it here first

• Options

Hey, we won 3 SB's in a 4 year period 92-95.....that's more than anyone can say here. :o

And by the way I'm pretty sure there was inter net then! ;)

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Hey, we won 3 SB's in a 4 year period 92-95.....that's more than anyone can say here. :o

<<< period 92-95 >>>

Was that AD or BC?

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

Wait the pats have done that twice

• Options

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

you can't blame these guys for bad financial decisions. They are athletes not accountants or lawyers . Plus they are surrounded by losers that want to take them for everything and toss them in a dumpster. Half the time is family members that screw them over the hardest.

of course you can blame a grown man for a bad decision. it is called personal responsibility. something that is not valued very highly in this current climate

• Options

@craig44 said:

@bronco2078 said:

@craig44 said:

of course you can blame a grown man for a bad decision. it is called personal responsibility. something that is not valued very highly in this current climate

Agreed, I read about some of these idiots giving total control of their finances to hired “Advisors” that they don’t even know. They get their bank accounts drained and they say they didn’t even know where the money went 🙄

• Options

as I recall, Gronk still has yet to use any of his game salaries. He is living off from endorsement deals. saving his contract money for when he is retired. He has a crazy persona, but seems to be financially responsible.

• Options

@craig44 said:
    as I recall, Gronk still has yet to use any of his game salaries. He is living off from endorsement deals. saving his contract money for when he is retired. He has a crazy persona, but seems to be financially responsible.

He is a lot smarter than the act he portrays, and yes your correct he hasn’t spent a penny of his NFL salary.