Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Not a currency guy, but I have theses...

OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 12, 2019 11:44AM in U.S. & World Currency Forum

All raw, all circulated, none have problems. The $10 National is the best of the lot. If I was to look at them as coins, they'd all be up in the AU bracket. Anyone hazard a guess as to value?

Cheers

Bob

Comments

• Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice assortment Bob.

The only note that may or may not qualify as AU is the 1929 $10 Boston FRBN. I know it’s confusing with the words National Currency across the top, but it is not considered a National.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Silly me to think it's National Currency just because that's what it says across the top... :D

• Options
    sellitstoresellitstore Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 1:49PM

Yes, it's actually a Federal Reserve Bank Note emergency issue that used National Bank Note sheet stock on hand at the BEP. These just needed to be overprinted with the Federal Reserve Bank district information in black allowing the US government to place lots of cash into circulation fast during the 1933 Banking Emergency. Both the FRBNs and National Bank Notes have the same brown seals, faces and backs but are entirely different issuers and types.

Collector and dealer in obsolete currency. Always buying all obsolete bank notes and scrip.
  • Options

I never would have known that. And, what would be a baseline value for these notes?

• Options
    MEC2MEC2 Posts: 86 ✭✭✭

Top Gold and bottom Philly are $125 notes - might get more off the right auction, but expect that and it's fair. I think your Boston $10 and large $5 bring in half that, grading them XF and VF respectively...

• Options

Thanks for the info.

• Options
    numbersmannumbersman Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭

Respectable group of stuff!

Collector of numeral seals.That's the 1928 and 1928A series of FRNs with a number rather than a letter in the district seal. Owner/operator of Bottom Line Currency
  • Options

@numbersman said:
    Respectable group of stuff!

My only currency.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,583 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice. keep them nice and safe somewhere :)

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nice cross section of different types . You should put them in a frame and display them together .

• Options

@bronco2078 said:
    That is a nice cross section of different types . You should put them in a frame and display them together .

I though about that, actually.

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MEC2 said:
    Top Gold and bottom Philly are $125 notes - might get more off the right auction, but expect that and it's fair. I think your Boston $10 and large $5 bring in half that, grading them XF and VF respectively...

I've seen these go for more on ebay. Set a higher price wait for interested offers, no auction. Clean VF notes. Always check ebay in what you have to sell, set the right parameters, you can go back 90 days on results. Even presentable lower grade stuff like this can go high if the right buyer sees it late at night and pulls the trigger!