Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Now this sounds like a plan!

LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Kevin

Comments

• Happy to see they're making progress... But, unless I'm reading the situation completely wrong, the REAL problem for the past year+ has been a shortage of qualified graders.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanx for sharing Kevin

Mike
  • BishtwBishtw Posts: 181 ✭✭✭

Even though it doesnt help quicken the over time it takes to get our cards back, i really like the idea of doing away with the generic "processing " and replacing it with more encompassing stages.

Im also please please to hear they will be speeding up the time between when they actually recieve a submission and when it gets entered into the system. The last submission I sent them was signed for Feb 24th and didnt get enter as recieved until March 4th.

1954 Football Bowman
    1956 Topps
    1957 Topps
    Redskins HOF Rookies
    Redskins Ring of Fame Rookies
    Slinging Sammy Baugh
    Redskins Tickets (Stubs)
    Redskins Matchbooks

• ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

These are all excellent ideas and great upgrades to the entire submission process. I was really excited when I saw this on twitter last night. Not just because I think these are all great additions but because they show a sincere concerted effort to improve the process as a whole, from the customer's point of view, and not just a reactionary approach to the squeakiest wheel.

I was bummed when I heard Joe was getting bumped up. I could always email him and he was genuinely helpful on whatever issue I had. But I've quickly become a big fan of this Steve cat. I like his style, I like his moves.

Arthur

• alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 7:50AM

Turnaround times are only useful if they go to FIFO system within service levels, without that, the posted durations will be of little accuracy.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

The turnaround times feature is just what I was asking for and I'm super excited about that. They have it on the coin side and while it isn't exact, it gives a better idea so you aren't wondering if your cards will be done tomorrow or 5 weeks from now.
    It is also good that they are communicating. Not hearing anything was the worst part sometimes.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭

It would be great if PSA institutes a target on how often they hit their estimated turn around time> @alifaxwa2 said:

Turnaround times are only useful if they go to FIFO system within service levels, without that, the posted durations will be of little accuracy.

It would be great if PSA institutes a target on how often they hit their estimated turn around time. That way they can track if they are being accurate or not and adjust accordingly. These are good first steps though!

• mtcardsmtcards Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭

Its good to see they are making progress and improving the "symptoms" of the problem. The real problem is the turnaround times and the lack of a guaranteed timeframe. When 20 day subs are taking 40 days and some random specials are popping at the same time, it questions why you would sub at a higher price level if not guaranteed.

IT IS ALWAYS CHEAPER TO NOT SELL ON EBAY
  • swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

I really appreciate the transparency and communication they have showed in the past 6-12 months. It's showing that our voices are being heard and they hear what the consumer wants and that they are taking steps to improve the areas us consumers talk about.