Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Crazy Topps Heritage Hit!

JimMeantJimMeant Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

I’m not really a big modern collector but I was fortunate enough to hit this last night!

Anybody have a ballpark idea on value for this 1/1?

-Collecting anything vintage

Comments

• Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I can’t stand the Yanks, but that is a sweet card. I don’t think there is a way to guess value, as a 1/1 with some pretty collectible players. Just put it up on eBay (maybe with a reserve that you would part with it) and best of luck. Congrats!

• Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is that a gouge on the edge to the left of Jeter?

Nice pull.

Arthur

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Very cool! If you want a return on it you need to post it on eBay ASAP. No matter how cool it’ll flatten out on price soon.

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

There are a few /25 versions of the card on EBAY that I have been watching since I am a Donnie fan. They are trying to sell in the $140-150 range, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. No completed sales that I know of.

Congrats!! A 1/1 is insane and difficult to predict, but worth a lot for sure!!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

the card looks damaged on the bottom left. It's on both side of the card and looks like some kind of water damage. What a shame!

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sweat from Jeter's jersey.

Andy

• Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited March 10, 2019 5:53AM

Wow congrats! That is awesome!

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the monster pull. But was that damage there when you pulled it? I would be a little upset with Topps quality control if that was released in that condition, especially being a one of one. Also, the stain on the back too. Still it is a great card.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019 2:36PM

Congratulations Jim!

Have no idea on value.

It almost looks like a glue stain on front? If so? Consider calling Topps customer service and "real time" email the card to them for consideration? They'll either say "it is what it is?" or send it in for replacement?

1/1 to a Yanks fan? Priceless!

edit: here's a "sold" benchmark

Mike
  • Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

That is a big hit. Congrats and collectors will pay good money for 1/1.

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

Wow! Nice pull. Good luck with the sale.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    waxman2745waxman2745 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Topps spent all that time making that card, and then handwrote the "1/1"? I would assume that the 1/1 should be stamped in gold or silver on the back. Anyway, great looking card and a cool idea.

Adam
    buying O-Pee-Chee (OPC) baseball
  • Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

@waxman2745 said:
    Topps spent all that time making that card, and then handwrote the "1/1"? I would assume that the 1/1 should be stamped in gold or silver on the back. Anyway, great looking card and a cool idea.

That’s how all numbered Heritage autos and relics come. Only chrome/refractors are stamped.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭

That is an awesome hit!! Congrats!!

• Options
    jay0791jay0791 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭✭

wow nice pull
    being written I would be on the lookout for forgeries to follow. Not sure if Topps will replace a card
    like this one.

if you have a price in mind let me know I am a lifelong Yankees fan and munson is a legend.

Collecting PSA... FB,BK,HK,and BB HOF RC sets
    1948-76 Topps FB Sets
    FB & BB HOF Player sets
    1948-1993 NY Yankee Team Sets