Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

An Ebay Bucks trend....Perhaps....

MLBdaysMLBdays Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recall making purchases the last couple of months on Sundays typically ..... only to find an 8-10% ebay bucks offer in my mail box the next Monday >:) ........ I'm certainly not here to say there is going to be one this Monday but I have noticed since being burned that Mondays are fairly common for this to happen. You might want to consider abstaining from your purchase for the extra -9% over the 1% normal ebay bucks offer.... The last $800.00 purchase I made BIN I reaped $8.00 in credit vs. the $80.00 I would have capitalized on THE VERY NEXT DAY....... just a heads up fellas and gals....perhaps some of you have better info to add to this....have at it...best ~ David

Comments

• Options
    LOTSOSLOTSOS Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

David,

I hope you're right it would be nice to be able to plan for their offers. This month will be interesting. There is already a 2x offer that runs till the end of the month. I don't recall them ever doubling up on eBay bucks offers before but I very well could be mistaken.

Kevin

Kevin

• Options
    dan89dan89 Posts: 484 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has to be a 10% or more discount overall before the end of the quarter.

• Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Unless this quarter is an anomaly, there will almost certainly not only be more eBay Bucks promos but also Coupon Codes. They generally have at least one of the two per week and occasionally will run both in the same week.

Steve
  • Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here is a weird one. My son got the recent 10% ebay bucks and I didn't. But I got the 2X for the rest of the month and he didn't. We only live 50 miles apart in the same state.

• Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm gonna wait to pay until the non paying bidder notifications start flowing in. >:)

• Options
    jfkheatjfkheat Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with Steve. i believe there will be two % off promos and one or two Bucks promos before the end on the month.

• Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

I was wondering if you received the 2X offer, which I did will I receive any other bucks offers? For example if I got an 8X would it trump the 2X offer or would I then get 16x off? I am thinking I want get any other bucks offers.

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ElvisP said:
    I was wondering if you received the 2X offer, which I did will I receive any other bucks offers? For example if I got an 8X would it trump the 2X offer or would I then get 16x off? I am thinking I want get any other bucks offers.

Good question. I kind of prefer that occasional higher % bucks offers vs 2% all month.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,826 ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems like it has been a very strange quarter. I didn't get many Bucks offers and I can't remember many Ebay codes at all.

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

@PROMETHIUS88 said:
    It seems like it has been a very strange quarter. I didn't get many Bucks offers and I can't remember many Ebay codes at all.

Same here

• Options

in app today, by 7PM PT, 15% off your cart with code PSAVETODAY, no minimum

If you can count your money, you don't have a billion dollars. J Paul Getty
  • Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

i dont think the 15% includes sports mem.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

awesome! I looked at the terms on mine and it was coins/paper money and electronics. maybe its time to go shopping...

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    emaremar Posts: 697 ✭✭✭✭

Thank for the heads up! Was waiting for a code. Saved $57

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Way better than eBay bucks. Thanks

• Options
    PADIdiverPADIdiver Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 8:38AM

@pab1969 said:
    Here is a weird one. My son got the recent 10% ebay bucks and I didn't. But I got the 2X for the rest of the month and he didn't. We only live 50 miles apart in the same state.

The eBay analytics / marketing team is likely testing different offers out to see which one resonates most. I've done this type of stuff before (different industry) where we split a market in 3. 1st group gets one offer, 2nd group gets a different offer and 3rd group is a control group.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PADIdiver said:

@pab1969 said:

The eBay analytics / marketing team is likely testing different offers out to see which one resonates most. I've done this type of stuff before (different industry) where we split a market in 3. 1st group gets one offer, 2nd group gets a different offer and 3rd group is a control group.

Thanks for the explanation.

• Options
    ZTargZTarg Posts: 497 ✭✭✭

Just got an offer for 8% until Friday night.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

^ Ditto, Z.

Andy

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

good prediction