Home Q & A Forum
Options

Asian Token Possible Propaganda Token?

I don't even know if this token is Japanese or Korean. Daffy Duck is giving the USA the universal salute, at least that's what I'm thinking. Anyone ever see it before, I'd be happy to hear anything about it at all.

Comments

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Novelty / Car Wash / Slot Machine token. Value depends on the price at your local car wash and if their machine will take it.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019 12:12AM

@fretboard

Do not think it is supposed to represent Daffy or even a duck. The feet have have toes.

The right hand “finger” looks like the index. (thumb and three fingers) So basicially showing the sign for number 1. The left hand appears to be flag of a country with three horizontal fields. Putting it together the animal-thing is saying their country is number 1.

Which takes me back to the feet of the animal-thing. Opposable appendage and three toes. Other than humans, monkeys have an opposable appendage for grasping.

Also the circle for the belly reminds me of cartoons of apes with big bellies.

Post the token in the World forum. Someone there might be able to explain what language it is and in turn the country and then the “animal”.

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/world-ancient-coins-forum

Edit to fix typos and to add... Or I could be completely wrong. ;)

• Options
    fretboardfretboard Posts: 66 ✭✭✭

@Hemispherical said:
    @fretboard

Do not think it is supposed to represent Daffy or even a duck. The feet have have toes.

The right hand “finger” looks like the index. (thumb and three fingers) So basicially showing the sign for number 1. The left hand appears to be flag of a country with three horizontal fields. Putting it together the animal-thing is saying their country is number 1.

https://forums.collectors.com/categories/world-ancient-coins-forum

Edit to fix typos and to add... Or I could be completely wrong. ;)

Interesting comments. Yes, someone else mentioned to me that it's not Daffy Duck, but I really like the World forum idea! Cheers!

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 9, 2019 1:33PM

I agree with @Hemispherical on all points except I do think it is a cartoon duck or similar bird. It is definitely not Daffy. It might not be making a rude gesture but rather just holding up one finger (a "#1" gesture is possible), and I don't see where the USA figures into it at all.

Gaming/arcade/pachinko token would be my guess.

ID-ing the script would likely crack the mystery, but I can't help you there.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,670 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like Korean to me but what do I know.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Answered in the World Coin forum by @SaorAlba, Japan, pachinko gaming token.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    emeraldATVemeraldATV Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a minute ! na, I know nothingggggg, nothing. how is it used