Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Help me make sense of this grade

I am not a pro at guessing grades of cards, but why would this card get a five? Thanks for your help.

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Check the front surface, most likely a wrinkle.

• Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 114 ✭✭✭

Not sure, but top left corner (when held horizontal) looks like it might have a deep bend close to where the blue meets the border. A deep ding, if it's there, will drop you to a 5.

• Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

I thought the same thing, but I cannot find one. Only thing I see is slight imperfection on right lower border in white area.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

In landscape view, lower right edge/border.

Andy

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2019 3:47PM

Back is mis cut and top edge right side corner has fingernail shape nick.You can also see a dint like a finger nail right up next to the orange by the nick was talking about. Also a bit of white snow on his chest, sholders and hair. THose 4 things will get it in a 5 I think

• Options
    kerryvillekerryville Posts: 341 ✭✭✭

Well to me it’s a pretty 9. I think she’s a 5 without drinks. Not helpful but I would purchase the card.

Looking for:
    1992 Collectors Edge Football case?
  • Options
    mexpo75mexpo75 Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭

The back pic is not too good, it definitely is not miscut, the border front lower right does have problem, but did not seem to be that bad, but what do I know. I think the eye appeal is good and better than a lot of 6's out there. It's happy hour, so it does look nicer and nicer. lol.

PackManInNC
  • Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 8, 2019 4:23PM

I agree with you as well. Im being harsh only to try and think what they were thinking maybe. I agree though send it in 2 more times if you need to. And send in another key card from this set with even wear on the corners that is a lock 5 next to it. Remind them what an average 5 looks like.

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

on the back to the right side, isn't there some kind of red line going thru the punter's cleat?