Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

SALE ENDED- thanks

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 11, 2019 3:44PM in Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins

It is time for another big downsizing. I'm tired of my credit card debt, my car needs $1.5K worth of work, and I'd like to have more than five or ten bucks in my savings account.

So I've put "for sale" tags on all my coins. The plan is to keep selling until I reach my goal, then I'll stop and pick up what's left over and resume collecting.

Here is your (limited) opportunity to scoop up some of my prized pieces. I realize that not everything will sell, but that's OK- I'm only selling until I get the funds I need, then everything comes off the table and goes back into my box, at which time I'll start over with a clean(-er) financial slate and whatever coins are left over.

I apologize to all of you who've ever said "let me know if you want to sell that", about one of my coins you were admiring. I'm afraid I lack the time and memory to privately message each of you about the particular coin(s) in question. Sorry. I do hope you see this in time to grab what you want.

Here is a link to my gallery, with prices added.

(*The Collectivecoin site has been a bit slow to load lately, particularly on mobile.)

Note that most of the coins are PCGS certified (or NGC, for the Ancients), but the slab grades are not listed in the titles. You'll have to click on each coin's link to see that information in the description.

Many coins are the finest (or in some cases, only) examples graded. Some of the more recently acquired pieces are still raw (uncertified).

Thanks for looking. Shoot me a message if anything catches your fancy.

~Robertson ("Rob") Shinnick
("LordM")

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• Options
    KellenCoinKellenCoin Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭✭

Cool pieces! By chance do you have any sample slabs for sale? I didn't see any on your link.

YN Member of the ANA, ANS, NBS, EAC, C4, MCA, PNNA, CSNS, ILNA, TEC, and more!
    Always buying numismatic literature and sample slabs.

• Options
    Coin FinderCoin Finder Posts: 6,954 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great stuff!!

• Options
    DontTellTheWifeDontTellTheWife Posts: 603 ✭✭✭

Good luck with everything

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

i enjoyed looking at everything :)

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice collection!
    GLWS!!

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a beautiful and well thought out collection! I wish you could keep it all!

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭

you get to recycle your collection and we get to keep you...... pretty good deal

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see you again @lordmarcovan , wish it were better circumstances.
    Good luck with the sale and those are wonderful pics.
    Boston

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Contemptible fellow collectors beat me to the booty I wanted :s

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

<3

• Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

Terrific coins and a great idea.
    List all and when you get to your desired cash, stop the action.

Brilliant. It makes sense. B)

• Options
    Yacorie1Yacorie1 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭

Wow that stater is awesome

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

If no prices are listed are they not for sale or a message for details type thing? Sorry if that's written here and I missed it.

Also sorry to hear you have to let some go but glad you're reaching your goal quickly. I like the way you're handling it and like you say in a later post I'm sure you'll rebuild it better than ever after this bump in the road.

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice stuff... couldn't resist 🍺

• Options
    USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank YOU, Rob.. Sorry you have to sell, but I'm glad it is already working out for you.. I do the same thing; sell when I need to, rinse, and repeat. And get smarter along the way.. thanks again!

• Options
    PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lordmarcovan said:

@PhilLynott said:
    If no prices are listed are they not for sale or a message for details type thing? Sorry if that's written here and I missed it.

Also sorry to hear you have to let some go but glad you're reaching your goal quickly. I like the way you're handling it and like you say in a later post I'm sure you'll rebuild it better than ever after this bump in the road.

Since I met and indeed exceeded my sales goal, I'm slowing down the sales now, and have begun to pull back some remaining favorites to keep. Those are the ones now showing no price tags. The ones with "hold" tags are pending sales. Tomorrow night (Sunday) I'll close up shop.

Anyone may still message me about the "pulled back" pieces. I plan to keep them, but... everything has its price. I can be persuaded.

I've actually sold so much that I've started buying new stuff to begin the rebuilding already!

Have really been pleasantly surprised at the response. Thank y'all.

(Edit- apologies for accidentally violating the "one bump per day" etiquette with this reply.)

Nice! That makes sense. Glad you met your goal so quick but not surprised you have such cool stuff always.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,363 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool material. Good luck Rob!

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    BarberianBarberian Posts: 3,053 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you still collect love tokens, LM?

3 rim nicks away from Good
  • Options

@Barberian said:
    Do you still collect love tokens, LM?

I do piddle around a bit with pictorial love tokens a tiny bit.

This sale is over now- thanks to all who participated.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats - nice coins - was hoping to pick up a holed piece! :D

"My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options

@Lakesammman said:
    Congrats - nice coins - was hoping to pick up a holed piece! :D

Ahh, the old "holey" schtick is almost a decade behind me now, but I do still casually pick up a few pieces now and then for my famous hat- nice pictorial love tokens, mostly. I sold all the gold off the hat during the Recession, so it's been sitting in a hat box in the top of the closet ever since, waiting for its next lease on life.