acadienacadien Posts: 635 ✭✭✭

Good or no good to get grade

Comments

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

NO. Residue stain on a normal coin.

• Options

I took your advise an put it ton practice and test the stain. I scrape it and on the reverse it is cooper that you are looking at. It just a little fad, but it surely was missing nickel coating. On the observe the queen was also missing nickel. Were you mention stain was the surrounding inside the edge.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't ruin any more coins! The stain would come right off the coin with chemicals. If you are going to be a numismatist (knowledgeable coin collector) you'll need to remember a few things. Your coins belong to you at the moment and will belong to others in the future. Take good care of them. Don't clean them, and don't test them in a destructive way.

Example: In case your 2000 magnetic nickel is something valuable, it will lose some value if you damage it. :wink:

• Options

I'm the type of guy who like to touch and test everything I put my hands on. Well most of it anyway. I new for sure that this dime was missing plated nickel. A test like that, I only do it once and so goes the premium is it was applicable. You have a very good point on the following. the coins belong to me at the moment and will belong to others in the future. Well said...….therefore I will not do this again. Thanks for the advice.