Sandy Koufax Basic Set

My second favorite pitcher of all time after Nolan Ryan. But I've been working on the NR Topps master so long I never committed to starting Koufax. Finally got around to it. So far have PSA8.5 for 58/59 and PSA9 for 61/64.

My ultimate goal is PSA8 for the RC and PSA8.5-9 for the other 12 cards. However from a price point perspective, I may have to settle for PSA8 on a few of them like with 57 and 62. LOL

Tagged:

Comments

  • RobbyRobby Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

    Terrific looking cards ! >:)
    Robbie

    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

    Some non basic Sandys.

    Far right in top row of bottom group

    bottom row, 2nd from left

    67 Punch out

    68 Punch Out....not mine

    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

    Al
  • rdeffleyrdeffley Posts: 72 ✭✭

    Added this SWEET PSA9 63 Fleer. So now at 5/13 with three 9's and two 8.5's!

  • RobbyRobby Posts: 575 ✭✭✭

    @bishop said:
    Some non basic Sandys.

    Far right in top row of bottom group

    bottom row, 2nd from left

    67 Punch out

    68 Punch Out....not mine

    What's up with the 1964 Topps Standups ? Is this one complete uncut sheet , and did some players sign autos on it ???
    and I am curious as to what the discs are ???
    Robbie

    Collect 1964 Topps Baseball
    1963 Fleer
    Lou Brock Master Set
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12, 2019 8:35AM

    @Robby said:

    @bishop said:
    Some non basic Sandys.

    Far right in top row of bottom group

    bottom row, 2nd from left

    67 Punch out

    68 Punch Out....not mine

    What's up with the 1964 Topps Standups ? Is this one complete uncut sheet , and did some players sign autos on it ???
    and I am curious as to what the discs are ???
    Robbie

    It’s a proof sheet with handwritten production notes on it.

    The discs are a 1967 test set.

  • bishopbishop Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭

    Both were Topps Vault items. The Stand Ups are not a complete set, just one sheet. The 67 Discs are the full group of All Stars and Giants. The Stand Ups were released at retail, the Discs are an unissued test set

    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

    Al
  • DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 230 ✭✭✭

    I love player collecting, and you’re off to an amazing start! Great cards

    Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

    Also collecting:
    1964 & 68 Venezuelan Topps
    1974 Topps Red Sox
    Andre Tippett

  • macboubemacboube Posts: 336 ✭✭

    Gorgeous '63 Fleer. I luv that card. Also, my favorite Topps Sandy is the '61. Yours is very nice.

  • buildingcalbuildingcal Posts: 66 ✭✭

    @rdeffley said:
    My second favorite pitcher of all time after Nolan Ryan. But I've been working on the NR Topps master so long I never committed to starting Koufax. Finally got around to it. So far have PSA8.5 for 58/59 and PSA9 for 61/64.

    My ultimate goal is PSA8 for the RC and PSA8.5-9 for the other 12 cards. However from a price point perspective, I may have to settle for PSA8 on a few of them like with 57 and 62. LOL

  • buildingcalbuildingcal Posts: 66 ✭✭

    have you seen the nolan ryan and sandy koufax 2005 donruss classic autograph and game used jersey 1/1 on ebay

Sign In or Register to comment.