Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

You are getting the exact 406 cards as pictured

Comments

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭

Very poor in my opinion. You get what, 10 free pictures with each listing? And for 406 items you used 4. To be fair, it's tough to show 406 items. However, you'd think a list of the cards in the lot, along with supporting details such as the PSA grade, would be in the text of the listing....

Steve

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

Well if you are gonna bid on it you assume what you see is what you get and figure out what you would pay for PSA 4s across the board with none of the big cards in the lot. B)

Are there a bunch of other 59s listed separately in this group of Probstein auctions? If so that is where the good cards from the set went.

• Options
    SpinFadeSplash23SpinFadeSplash23 Posts: 909 ✭✭✭

Lazy and unacceptable.

Joe

IG: goatcollectibles23

The biggest lesson I've learned in this hobby, and in life, is that if you have a strong conviction, you owe it to yourself to see it through. Don't sell yourself, or your investments, short. Unless the facts change. Then sell it all.
  • Options
    brad31brad31 Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are trying to capitalize on the gambling mentality fueling the pack break craze. Not knowing what is inside (which cards) is like breaking a box of ‘59s !!!!!!!!!! Who knows there could be all the goodies not shown - Mantle, Aaron, Clemente, Mays!! Isn’t it worth bidding to find out?

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭

This is what I want to share during the next Probstein vs PWCC debate. If I’m the consignor on this, I’d be upset.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    countdouglascountdouglas Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

It was several years ago, but I was on the winning end of several similarly listed Probstein auctions. Not near that quantity, but perhaps 20-30 PSA 9 cards each time, all captured in one photo for the entire listing, laid out where you could just see the tops of each flip, like pics 2-4 in the OPs example. There were several somewhat low pops in the group, but nowhere were the individual cards listed or any mention of low pop cards being included in the lot. Each time, I got them for much cheaper than expected, and while I've certainly purchased from Probstein many times since then, I made a mental note to myself to look elsewhere if I ever decide to consign part of my collection.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

A bigger question is why you waste your money grading low grade cards. The guy will be lucky if he gets the money back he spent on grading alone.

• Options

At least show scans of the PSA 8s...

This is yet another reason why I don't trust auctions... They prioritize their own profit over yours; selling quick so they get paid quick; maximizing your value simply doesn't matter... If I'd consigned that lot, I'd tell them to pull it.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

What a trash auction. I suppose they could have been more lazy with the listing but I'm not sure how.

• Options
    Nathaniel1960Nathaniel1960 Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's already at $5 per card which IMO is overpriced for, apparently, a bunch of PSA 4 and 5 commons, and a sprinkling of stars. If I was the seller I would have no room to complain about the results.

Kiss me once, shame on you.
    Kiss me twice.....let's party.