Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Why No Explanations?

Why when there are grades given, can PSA not give any explanations? You pay $75 wait longer than normal wait times and then get a grade way lower than expected. At least the low grade would be easier to swallow if they told you why.

PackManInNC

Comments

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Pretty much all grading companies. I use SGC. They don't give a grading report either.. I do know most of the members here can help if you post a scan.

• Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭

I don’t use Beckett but I do like the concept of sub grades. It at least let’s you know where you took the hit.

52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Time costs money.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭✭✭

if explanations were a part of the process, your grandchildren's grandchildren would pop before your cards did

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

When sending a graded card to Beckett for crossover, if it fails to pass, they give you a sticker with the score showing why it failed to pass...fyi

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,550 ✭✭✭✭✭

items are graded so quickly there is no time for specific explanations.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,233 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    items are graded so quickly there is no time for specific explanations.

Agree to a point. At some point of value an explanation should be given, not for a grade, but if a card comes back "altered" with no explanation.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set