Home Buy, Sell, & Trade - U.S. Coins
Options

Any Interest in Gem Clad Quarter Sets Cheap.

It has occurred to me that I probably can sell some of my clads cheap. I can put together really beautiful sets that start at about $2 a coin and range up to as much as about $20 a coin. The cheapies will be mostly MS-64 with some 65's and 66's. The more expensive ones will be MS65 to MS-67.

I could also put together high end nickels, dimes, and half dollars.

If there's any interest I'll try it.

Tempus fugit.

Comments

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

What would a 1965-1990 set run in the 65s?

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2, 2019 5:17PM

• Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    What would a 1965-1990 set run in the 65s?

Just to give an idea of what I'm thinking, I believe I could put together a set like this in the $200 range if the '82 and '83's also have to be MS-65. With a little latitude on these it would be a lot less expensive. In MS-66 I'm talking in the $350 range and MS-67 (a few only MS-66) maybe around $500.

I believe the real savings is $20/ coin not having to get them graded which is a major cost at the high end now days when they just aren't bringing a lot in these "lower" grades. The real question is whether there's enough interest to do the work. There are lots of stoppers above MS-65.

The current project will occupy my time for a while but I'm still interested in more feedback. If this works I'd be willing to do other denominations as well.

Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm, I like the 66 option for sure.

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just received my set from @cladking. It is VERY nice at a good price. I am so happy, i am ordering another in April.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I received my second set from @cladking . Just like the first- great quality at a fair price. I definitely recommend ordering from him.