Home Stamps Forum
Options

Not a stamp collector ?

CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 1, 2019 4:32PM in Stamps Forum

Can someone tell me the scott number and value for these two Imperforate Errors? Or what you think there worth. I found these in my dads collection years ago and forgot about them. My dad collected everything from a to z. Thanks

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,

Comments

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

They are, as an imperforate booklet pane, Scott 1893b. I don't have a current stamp catalog but my ancient 1996 edition of "The Postal Service Guide To U.S. Stamps" lists a value of $80 for the complete booklet pane (not just the 18 cent pair). The booklet pane consisted of 6 of the 18 cent stamps and 2 of the Scott 1892 6 cent stamps. I hope this help a bit.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    CoinCrazyPACoinCrazyPA Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks that helps, I was thinking of listing them on ebay for $5 for the pair and $10 four the block. What do you think?

Positive BST transactions: agentjim007, cohodk, CharlieC, Chrischampeon, DRG, 3 x delistamps, djdilliodon, gmherps13, jmski52, Meltdown, Mesquite, 2 x nibanny, themaster, 2 x segoja, Timbuk3, ve3rules, jom, Blackhawk, hchcoin, Relaxn, pitboss, blu62vette, Jfoot13, Jinx86, jfoot13,Ronb

Successful Trades: Swampboy,
  • Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm totally out of touch with today's stamp market. I'd try and find some actual sales prices on-line for them before pricing anything. A lot has changed in the stamp market since 1996.

All glory is fleeting.