Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Sharing Era 1978 - 1983 Superman PSA, Auto, and other tough items. THREAD to share your non sport!

Hello all! Just wanted to share three of my Superman items. Like many who collect the Christopher Reeve Superman Era, and a PSA article, I agree it is undervalued. Price just doesn't equal the popularity. 1978 Topps, O Pee Chee, UK, Mexican all have major quality flaws, and some are near impossible to find due to low print runs and tough print issues. I will soon be working with PSA to add certain cards/sets to the PSA database so that they may be graded, and someday add to the registry.

The #1 Christopher Reeve card is the most sought after, with horrid print issues. It truly is a collecting challenge.

Please check the below link for three great items I am sharing!

1978 Topps Mexican Superman #1 PSA 4
1977 Christopher Reeve PSA/DNA 9 Auto
1978 O Pee Chee Superman #5 PSA 10 only 10 graded to date in the entire set.

https://truehomerunking.weebly.com/1978-superman-the-movie.html

Feel free to share any non sport item of any kind! (Non Adult Rated) And any comments!!!

Comments

• Options
    magicpapamagicpapa Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28, 2019 11:14PM

a Few of my Hot Wheel Redlines from my Childhood Days, 50 Years Ago ....hehe

1968 Hot Wheels (Sweet !6 )

• Options

Holy Hot Wheels!! That is sweet!! Awesome!!! yes, brings back memories! Excellent post! Thanks!

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Nice display!!

I had a metal cookie tin full of Hot Wheels circa early 80's. I remember selling it at a yard sale at some point in the 90's for $10. It probably went towards a box of Baseball cards from Costco :) I wish I had them now!

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options

only found 1 baseball card from my childhood, a old tattered 1971 Rod Carew
    as for my hot wheels, playing with them daily I'm surprised of their shape, and that IO still have most of em

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool Superman stuff.

I like this card from your link:

I do have this ring:

1946 Kellogg's Superman Crusader Ring

Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1, 2019 4:48PM

Those Hot Wheels are too cool.

I found this 1968 button in a cigar box - I'm guessing by its age, it belonged to my youngest brother?

Mike
  • Options

patches from my playing days mid 70's

• Options
    edited March 2, 2019 1:26AM

all about the Benjamins

• Options

The Hot Wheels Custom Corvette was a member of the original 16 in 1968. Produced in
    both the US and Hong Kong factories for approximately two years

In 1965, the Mako Shark II debuted at the New York International Auto Show giving the
    world a glimpse of the body style that would that would become the third generation Corvette,
    the 1968 Corvette Stingray. The 1968 Corvette had a base price of $4663 for the coupe and
    $4320 for the convertible with a 427 c.i. engine and option packages producing 350-435 hp.
    Mattel would beat General Motors to the punch however, by having the Hot Wheels version
    of the 1968 Corvette in stores before the real car hit Chevrolet showrooms!

• Options

yes! that is one of my fav cards as well!! every stinking one of those cards has the green dots in o pee chee! that so far is the nicest I can find. love that 46 ring!!!

thanks for the great posts everyone!!!

@Stone193 said:
    Cool Superman stuff.

I like this card from your link:

I do have this ring:

1946 Kellogg's Superman Crusader Ring