Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Machado Tablecloth - Topps Now

Hi guys. I'm new in town, and I wanted to introduce myself. My name is Chris, and I like to purchase cards and then share them with others.

On to the topic...
I regret to admit that I purchased one of the Topps Now Manny Machado Tablecloth Relics. What are your thoughts on this item? Do you think they will do something similar with Harper?

Comments

• Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019 6:23AM

Topps Now Manny Machado Tablecloth Relics.

Is this for real? They actually made a card with a tablecloth remnant? Was the busboy's rag not available?

• Options
    AlbertdiditAlbertdidit Posts: 560 ✭✭✭

One day It's probably going to be worth as much as the Brady RC and Jordan Green that sold recently

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hiya Chris

Welcome!

Have no real opinion on the "cloth" card - at least they didn't rip up another uni gem.

As of this am, what I saw on TV? Harper still doesn't have a team?

Don't be a stranger. And best of luck with your hunt for cards.

Mike
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

At first I thought he was kidding... there really is a tablecloth cut card from when he signed. Insane... lol

Ebay Link

• Options

I see some of you didn't know this was a real thing. Hope it gave you good chuckle. Stupid impulse buy from a topps.com email. I'll probably give it away. ;)

• Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019 11:03AM

@BoxBreakNation said:
    I see some of you didn't know this was a real thing. Hope it gave you good chuckle. Stupid impulse buy from a topps.com email. I'll probably give it away. ;)

I didn't think it was real at first and thought it was a funny idea for a card. Heck, I would buy a game used underwear card of my favorite cowboys player and be proud of it haha
    If you like it, keep it. Who cares what we think.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 27, 2019 11:11AM

@BoxBreakNation said:

Hi again Chris

I've been collecting for 30 years now and have had all kinds of impulse buys and I buy/collect some stuff that others "may" think is plain nuts.

You're in good company here. I can tell you that a Machado fan might go nuts for that card.

The ones sold in the link, went for 57 bucks, were purchased for 40.

Keep posting your pickups. Heck. That's half the fun of collecting - sharing with others.

Mike
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭

Like they say, to each their own, collect what you like. :) It's not my thing, but I can see the appeal to a Padres collector or Machado collector. I also give credit to Topps for thinking outside the box, at least with the Topps Now concept, which is great for the instant gratification crowd.

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

If it werent for diversity in our collecting world it would get very stale very quickly.
    I'm really happy to see collectors are still feeling impulsive and ripping away like the guys in the 2019 Heritage thread.
    It's difficult for some old timers including myself to get excited anymore. :D

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums