Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2018-19 Donruss Optic Basketball Question???

Ok, so picked up 3 mega boxes of 2018-19 Donruss Optic basketball boxes. Each box came with the two cello packs and then 2 packs of what appear to be just regular cards with 4 cards in each pack. I am really confused. As you can see by the pic below, Each box had the EXACT same cards in them. All of the cards from the cello packs are prizim …..maybe shock wave cards. I don't know, there are so many different. I did get 3 Doncic Rated rookies but is this how the mega boxes are supposed to come??

Promethius881969@yahoo.com

Comments

• PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never mind, I'm a complete idiot! So the mega boxes have all 50 rated rookies in the shock variation plus 2 packs of 4 cards each with the base or whatever insert you might get. Basically wasted $10/box as I think the shock sets sell for about $40 on Ebay.

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, you bought the Target Mega Boxes, which comes with the Rated Rookie Shock Holo/Prizm parallel set plus two retail packs. The Walmart Mega Boxes I believe run cheaper and they come with 10 packs of 4 with exclusive Hyper Pink Holo/Prizm parallels randomly inserted in the packs.

Steve

@slum22 said:
    Yes, you bought the Target Mega Boxes, which comes with the Rated Rookie Shock Holo/Prizm parallel set plus two retail packs. The Walmart Mega Boxes I believe run cheaper and they come with 10 packs of 4 with exclusive Hyper Pink Holo/Prizm parallels randomly inserted in the packs.

Why didn't you tell me this before I went to Target?!?!?!? Lol

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@slum22 said:

Haha. If you would have told me you were headed to Target I would have told you to look for Prizm basketball. I think Prizm is on its final restock and Target is the exclusive place to find the gravity feed packs (which are the best retail Sku to get this year for Prizm). Blasters and cello packs would be the next best Prizm retail to get. For Optic, I think the blasters have performed the best from what I have seen. However, that is less because of the cards but instead because I have seen a number of unusually large Panini Rewards points cards come out of those. Not exciting, but the points cards can sell for better than the actual autos of most players, lol. I actually have liked Optic more than Prizm every year they have released both, but Prizm sells for quite a bit more on the secondary market. This year's Optic design is especially good. That said, I am sticking with buying singles of Optic. Optic box breaking is a tough proposition.

Steve

@slum22 said:

@PROMETHIUS88 said:

@slum22 said:

Haha. If you would have told me you were headed to Target I would have told you to look for Prizm basketball. I think Prizm is on its final restock and Target is the exclusive place to find the gravity feed packs (which are the best retail Sku to get this year for Prizm). Blasters and cello packs would be the next best Prizm retail to get. For Optic, I think the blasters have performed the best from what I have seen. However, that is less because of the cards but instead because I have seen a number of unusually large Panini Rewards points cards come out of those. Not exciting, but the points cards can sell for better than the actual autos of most players, lol. I actually have liked Optic more than Prizm every year they have released both, but Prizm sells for quite a bit more on the secondary market. This year's Optic design is especially good. That said, I am sticking with buying singles of Optic. Optic box breaking is a tough proposition.

I went there looking for Prizm but there was none so I opted for these. Should have picked up the blasters instead. I'm in the hole starting out! If anyone wants an Optic Rated Rookie shock prism set of 50 cards with the Doncic rc, I will let them go at $40 dlvd! I know I passed up a lot of the Prizm boxes a few weeks ago. They were stacked on the shelves at Walmart.

Yeah, I have some Prizm boxes that are still sitting here at my Walmart. My Target also had a full Prizm restock a couple weeks ago. I had never seen so much Prizm at that Target. I am talking about 30+ blasters! I actually got there in time to grab the gravity feed packs (a rare achievement). I didn't hit anything of note out of the gravity feeds, but I actually grabbed one blaster out of the thirty, only because I needed to add another $10 in product to reach $100 to take advantage of a promo Target was running. In that lone blaster I pulled this!

Steve

Not a bad hit at all!!!