Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

ebay sellers; what's your take on this early message I got.

I think it suck*, and it's ebay now guaranteeing many store sellers exceed their free listings. I personally like to rotate inventory occasionally.

**_The listing duration for all fixed price listings will be Good 'Til Cancelled

Starting in mid-March 2019, the listing duration for all new fixed price listings on eBay will be Good 'Til Cancelled. Existing fixed price listings that are not Good 'Til Cancelled will continue until they sell or end at their specified duration. If a short-duration fixed price item is relisted, the duration will be set to Good 'Til Cancelled upon relist.

Good 'Til Cancelled listings renew automatically every 30 days unless your item sells before that timeframe. We charge an insertion fee every 30-day period. Good 'Til Cancelled listings count toward your monthly zero insertion fee listings. Fee amounts are based on the terms in effect when the listing goes live and when it renews.

With Good 'Til Cancelled listings you can take advantage of the out-of-stock feature. If your listing reaches a quantity of zero, we will show it as out-of-stock to buyers. By using out-of-stock, your listing will retain its purchase and search history, so that when you replenish your stock, buyers can easily find your listing. Learn more about the out-of-stock feature.
_**

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

Comments

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 3:14PM

Perfect opportunity for a competitor to come in and take some market share. This will definitely change my selling strategy there.

ETA: I got the notice in my eBay messages and email, but both links take me to a 'Whoops, not found' page. Thanks for sharing what they couldn't seem to.

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    Perfect opportunity for a competitor to come in and take some market share. This will definitely change my selling strategy there.

This was my thinking too

I have to much S**t; so if you working on sets or are a player/team collector, send me your want list, with conditions desired. Keep in mind I have a another job so please allow me a few days to respond.

• Options

I'm so tired of selling on eBay. A while back they kept changing my listings to accept offers. Over and over it kept happening and I finally complained on the eBay forums. The next day, all my listings were changed to "good till cancelled". I guess somebody at eBay figured they'd show me who was in charge.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great way for them to capture fees without people realizing it.

No thanks.

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I kind of like the good til canceled, but that is only because I list so little I never exceed my free listings. If I were selling a lot more items like I should be this would not be a good 'feature'.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 5:35PM

I got this too on extending offers...

• Options
    demondeacsdemondeacs Posts: 113 ✭✭✭

We'll see if it leads to more listing specials. They used to have specials that were supposed to only apply to newly created listings, but they were never really able to enforce that. With the new rule, it's less likely people would use them to re-list items that didn't sell, so maybe they'll offer more.

Not real optimistic that will happen, though.

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

As someone who only lists stuff with my free listings every moth, I personally love this. Now I don't have to waste my free listings on slow movers since they'll always be live.

• Options
    PatsGuy5000PatsGuy5000 Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

So the new 30 day insertion fee only applies to items that exceed your allowed monthly listings? I am allowed 300 and pay no insertion fees, all items are “buy it now”. I will take items off if the insertion fee applies to all items listed. Can anyone clarify?

• Options
    tonylagstonylags Posts: 568 ✭✭✭

What will happen is your 300 listings automatically renew; if you add additional items you will be charged listing fees, Items will be ended when sold

• Options
    MrHockeyMrHockey Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

I also like this. I search new item listings often and you end up seeing the same "new" stuff over and over. GTC will prevent such shenanigans.

• Options
    brendanb438brendanb438 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭

@tonylags said:
    What will happen is your 300 listings automatically renew; if you add additional items you will be charged listing fees, Items will be ended when sold

I don't sell enough on eBay anymore to be personally hit by this but can't you just end/kill the listing before whatever date it will auto-renew to then count against your listings?

• Options
    swish54swish54 Posts: 687 ✭✭✭✭

@tonylags said:

I think you're thinking of if you click that little box on your listing to automatically relist X amount of times (7 or 8 times maybe?) if it doesn't sell. That will count towards your monthly listings, so if you go over and have those automatically relist, then yes, you will get charged fees.

I had found that if I relist from my phone app and not the computer, they are automatically GTS listings and those DO NOT count towards your listing if they don't sell and are relisted. Therefore, you won't go over your free listings. Been doing this for a couple years now and not one GTS has counted towards my free listings if it doesn't sell. Actually, just had one tonight that didn't sell when it ended a few minutes ago. I had saved 1 of my 50 free monthly listing to relist it, but it was a GTS I had forgotten about and just started back over at 29 days and 23 hours left, so I got to use that last listing on something else.

• Options

I think at this point it's safe to say, we are all not totally sure how this works......everyone basically said something different in this thread. The way I read it is if you list 1000 BIN they will automatically be renewed every 30 days. If you rotate listings like I do, you will have to be careful. I have about 1200 BIN items. I will probably end the items at 29 days and relist when I want to rotate my items and avoid extra fees. I know as a seller I will be calling EBAY CS to find out.

• Options
    JKTJKT Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Sorry I love to be positive on these boards but I think this change sucks and I couldn’t be more tired of EBay pulling crap like this.

Always looking for tougher PSA 10's of Nolan Arenado, Alex Bregman, Mookie Betts, Francisco Lindor, and Mike Trout.