Home Autographs Forum

UV protection framed glass question

I am in a fairly bright apartment and I have my autographs hanging on the wall that does not get direct bright sunlight. But they get some light, just the way my apartment is. I recently purchased UV protected glass for some of my 8x10s. What is the best % of UV protection one can get? I have bought some frames with 70% protection and they were already $40-60 a piece. Then having to order glass that is 90-99% protection can bring the frame up to almost $100. Anyone have a good cheapish site for a variety of frame sizes that provide UV protection? Thanks.

Comments

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26, 2019 10:28AM

Not sure on the glass - will be interested in what others say.

In addition to sunlight, florescent light is a killer, so be aware of any CFLs you have installed in lamps and other fixtures.

• I actually bought some 8x10 UV TruVue Glass from a seller on Etsy. I ordered 6 for $36. They replied that their glass was protected with 99.6%. They have different sizes and seems to be the best option. I find some UV protected frames from Amazon but they have only 70% protection. I bought one for $28+8 for shipping. Might just buy some more bulk glass from the Etsy seller and buy cheap frames.