Home Q & A Forum

2006D Jefferson nickel. Obverse lookin Doubled die?? Reverse ??

TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

Comments

• Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I cannot load the photos. After 4 minutes they are slivers of what they should be. On instinct i would say no, being from Denver.
    There is a lot of glare in the close ups and they seem to be of the front and back of the coin.
    The glare on Liberty makes it too difficult to see, but it might be strike doubling again or die erosion

• TimbobbTimbobb Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

I will take some better pictures

@Aspie_Rocco said:
    I cannot load the photos. After 4 minutes they are slivers of what they should be. On instinct i would say no, being from Denver.
    There is a lot of glare in the close ups and they seem to be of the front and back of the coin.
    The glare on Liberty makes it too difficult to see, but it might be strike doubling again or die erosion

Here some more pictures. Looks like die erosion. Strike doubling also. Some of it looks MD. But the thickness throwing me off.

Also looks like he missing some hair to the left side.

• ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Worn die/die erosion.

Keep looking at you nickels, you will see others with the same effect, it is not uncommon.

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Worn die/die erosion.

Keep looking at you nickels, you will see others with the same effect, it is not uncommon.

Thanks just needed some feedback. Will definitely keeps it for reference. Yeah the thickness of the lettering was throwing me off. But die erosion can make that effect as well. Or worn die. The hunt continues.