Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Pretty cool Dallas Cowboys find today.

Found this out picking today. I love that it's an original 8x10 from the 70s and signed with a pen.

Comments

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.

What else did you "pick?"

Mike
  • Options
    PopeyesSpinachPopeyesSpinach Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019 2:17PM

Cool Rafferty piece. I believe he was one of the vets that hung it up when Jimmy Johnson took over as head coach in 89. Randy White was another stating that "he was too old for this bleep" regarding training camp lol

• Options
    remedylaneremedylane Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@Stone193 said:
    Nice.

What else did you "pick?"

Some old glass ware. Nothing major.

• Options

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    Cool Rafferty piece. I believe he was one of the vets that hung it up when Jimmy Johnson took over as head coach in 89. Randy White was another stating that "he was too old for this bleep" regarding training camp lol

Yep. I'm a cowboy fan. I thought it was super cool.

• Options
    prgsdwprgsdw Posts: 503 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019 5:02PM

@PopeyesSpinach said:

I think Rafferty made it through a season with Jimmy Johnson. If memory serves, he started the first 8 or so games of 1989 and then Mark Stepnoski took over for the rest of the season.

It's a funny comment by Randy. I remember hearing him say that he said that when Johnson had the guys doing monkey rolls during camp. LOL

Steve

• Options
    Kep13Kep13 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

when I saw the player's face, I thought it was Dandy Don

• Options

@Kep13 said:
    when I saw the player's face, I thought it was Dandy Don

There is a resemblance.

• Options

@prgsdw said:

@PopeyesSpinach said:

I think Rafferty made it through a season with Jimmy Johnson. If memory serves, he started the first 8 or so games of 1989 and then Mark Stepnoski took over for the rest of the season.

It's a funny comment by Randy. I remember hearing him say that he said that when Johnson had the guys doing monkey rolls during camp. LOL

Steve

I believe you are correct.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 7:37PM

@prgsdw said:

@PopeyesSpinach said:

Steve

Ah good times! When the team actually had some sort of positive direction. I miss those days replaced with floundering mediocrity

• Options

@PopeyesSpinach said:

@prgsdw said:

@PopeyesSpinach said:

Steve

Ah good times! When the team actually had some sort of positive direction. I miss those days replaced with floundering mediocrity

We have some solid pieces in place. I'm glad linehan is gone, but man am I unsure about Kellen Moore being OC. Defense needs Earl Thomas to push the over the top. Hopefully we pursue him.

• Options

Totally agree. Hopefully, Moore surprises us. Great young offensive minds sprout up all over the league. Maybe it's our turn?

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 8:05PM

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    Totally agree. Hopefully, Moore surprises us. Great young offensive minds sprout up all over the league. Maybe it's our turn?

I said the same thing about Moore to my uncle. Even in college I heard how brilliant he was. So I'm trying to be optimistic about it. Gallup and coop can be quite the duo.

• Options

What we need this year to have it Super Bowl run:

More consistency on the offensive line. Hopefully Frederick coming back and being able to perform as he did previously will bring that. Connor Williams will hopefully bulk up and become the nasty player he was in college. He was pushed around too much due to his lack of strength and size.

The secondary needs to improve. Mostly at the safety position. Heath is a good player but in my mind, not an every down type guy. Bring him in for nickel packages. Of course Earl Thomas is out there. He would obviously bring a veteran presence and experience to the position.

Dak Prescott needs to get his footwork and throwing technique in order. He's an excellent quarterback, he just needs to work on the fundamentals to improve his accuracy. He missed way too many wide open receivers throughout the season.

This is a fantasy but signing Antonio Brown might have the same effect the Deion Sanders signing had back in the 90s. Deion brought crazy swagger to the team and I think Brown would do the same. I do not think he is the malcontent he is being made out to be.

• Options

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    What we need this year to have it Super Bowl run:

More consistency on the offensive line. Hopefully Frederick coming back and being able to perform as he did previously will bring that. Connor Williams will hopefully bulk up and become the nasty player he was in college. He was pushed around too much due to his lack of strength and size.

The secondary needs to improve. Mostly at the safety position. Heath is a good player but in my mind, not an every down type guy. Bring him in for nickel packages. Of course Earl Thomas is out there. He would obviously bring a veteran presence and experience to the position.

Dak Prescott needs to get his footwork and throwing technique in order. He's an excellent quarterback, he just needs to work on the fundamentals to improve his accuracy. He missed way too many wide open receivers throughout the season.

This is a fantasy but signing Antonio Brown might have the same effect the Deion Sanders signing had back in the 90s. Deion brought crazy swagger to the team and I think Brown would do the same. I do not think he is the malcontent he is being made out to be.

I agree with everything you said other than the Antonio Brown thing. Of course if we did sign him I wouldn't be mad. But I'm not sure I'd want his attitude in our locker room. I am a firm believer Micheal Gallup. Plus, although we have cap space, by the time we resign some of our own guys I don't think we would have enough to be a serious contender to bring him in.

I think the line will greatly improve with Frederick back. Connor does need to bulk up. He got man handled most of the plays he was on the field. Earl Thomas is exactly what we need in the secondary.

I love Dak. I need to see more improvement. I agree about his footwork and sometimes he doesn't see the field very well. But I think Kitna can help him as a qb more than Kellen Moore did. I also feel we need to play more to his strengths. 6-10 designed qb runs per game.

• Options
    edited February 26, 2019 9:12AM

Yeah, in reality, I don't think the Brown thing is going to happen. I am not sure of the dynamic they have going on in Pittsburgh between him and Roethlisberger but from what I've heard and read Roethlisberger isn't the best teammate. I guess the same could be said for Brown if he causes a disruption. Who knows.

I love Gallup. He is the one I see in my mind getting overthrown by Prescott while streaking wide open down the field lol

• Options
    edited February 26, 2019 9:20AM

@PopeyesSpinach said:
    Yeah, in reality, I don't think the Brown thing is going to happen. I am not sure of the dynamic they have going on in Pittsburgh between him and Roethlisberger but from what I've heard and read Roethlisberger isn't the best teammate. I guess the same could be said for Brown if he causes a disruption. Who knows.

I love Gallup. He is the one I see in my mind getting overthrown by Prescott while streaking wide open down the field lol

Omg yes. If Dak would have hit Gallup even half the times he should have, Gallup would have had a huge rookie year.

Some folks do say big Ben is the problem. It's hard to say. When Brown is on his game he is the best wr in the game. His attitude towards the end if the year is what bugged me.

Excited for the draft. I think we also need a veteran TE brought in to groom the youngsters we have. And to just be a more consistent weapon for Dak. Someone like an Austin Sefarian Jenkins or a Marcedes Lewis. Nice talking shop with a legit cowboy fan.

• Options

@remedylane said:
    Nice talking shop with a legit cowboy fan.

Yeah same here. I look forward to your future comments and items you share. Nice seeing a fellow cowboy fan for sure. I have lots of stuff to share if I ever get around to scanning at all.