Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

EBAY 10% in App, 6% everywhere else, $25 minimum.

Heads up. Some of you may get this.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

Comments

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 25, 2019 9:51AM

Yup, I just got it.

Andy

• Options
    addicted2ebayaddicted2ebay Posts: 2,092 ✭✭✭✭

Ebates is still 6% also 👌

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,624 ✭✭✭✭✭

got it!

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

Ty sir

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

@addicted2ebay said:

Can you use the app through ebates? When I try to do so, it brings up only the 6% on site cash back bucks.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    burghmanburghman Posts: 814 ✭✭✭✭

@grote15 said:

@addicted2ebay said:

Can you use the app through ebates? When I try to do so, it brings up only the 6% on site cash back bucks.

I used it last week with success. I had to do something within the eBates app to have it launch he eBay app, but it was smooth sailing from there (it was so easy I forget what I did).

Jim

• Options

Unfortunately, upon using today's eBay Bucks promotion to pay for an auction item I won a few days ago, it wouldn't give me the promotional eBay Bucks. Rather, I only received the 1% eBay Bucks. When I paid for the purchase this morning, the eBay checkout page said I'd earn the 10% eBay Bucks, but that's not what I received. I contacted eBay customer service and asked for an explanation, and they told me that I only received the 1% since I agreed to the purchase a few days ago.

In other words, eBay may now actually be requiring that you both PURCHASE and PAY for the item within the promotional period. Previously, if you bought something and then were lucky enough to have an eBay promotion hit before you paid, they honored the promotion upon payment.

Has anyone else had this experience, too?

• Options
    alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

First I haven’t gotten in years.
    Bought 3 items in past 2 days. Nothing prior month.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

I know this one only works from the app and the $25 minimum is per item. In other words each item in your cart that is $25 or over gets the 10% and other items less than $25 will be at the normal 1%. I just snagged some junk to open on Friday night rips :)

Kris

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 4:13PM

@KnightRider said:
    Unfortunately, upon using today's eBay Bucks promotion to pay for an auction item I won a few days ago, it wouldn't give me the promotional eBay Bucks. Rather, I only received the 1% eBay Bucks. When I paid for the purchase this morning, the eBay checkout page said I'd earn the 10% eBay Bucks, but that's not what I received. I contacted eBay customer service and asked for an explanation, and they told me that I only received the 1% since I agreed to the purchase a few days ago.

In other words, eBay may now actually be requiring that you both PURCHASE and PAY for the item within the promotional period. Previously, if you bought something and then were lucky enough to have an eBay promotion hit before you paid, they honored the promotion upon payment.

Has anyone else had this experience, too?

That is a glitch in their software. You must purchase the item after activating the bucks promotion. If you purchase something prior to activation and make payment after activating the promo, the checkout page will show that you are earning bonus biucks but when you check your ebay bucks account afterwards, it will show only the standard 1% cash back. This has always been the case in my experience.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    edited February 25, 2019 4:17PM

@MLBdays said:
    I have gotten so royal'd the last couple of months to the tune of several hundred dollars by paying just b4 a rebate so now I stagger my payments so I can at least catch a card here and there. PWCC will be getting paid via cellphone tonight....

It won't matter unless the auction ended after you activated the ebay bucks promotion.

• Options
    edited February 25, 2019 4:25PM

@MLBdays said:
    @grote15.... I just paid via cell phone for an auction that ended last Thursday night and got the 10% .... I activated the promo this morning ....not sure if you meant what you said the way it came out.

The checkout will show that you are earning bonus bucks when you pay but if you go into your ebay bucks balance afterwards, it will show only the 1% cash back for items that ended before today (in this case, $3.40 for a $340 purchase). That is exactly what KnightRider was describing above.

• Options

Trust me, I know the feeling, lol..

• Options

Thanks for the explanation, grote15. It makes sense and you explained it far more succinctly and completely than eBay customer service could. Nevertheless, I think there were a couple times in 2018 when I bought something, waited a day or two to pay for it until an eBay Bucks promotion began, and then upon paying I received the additional eBay Bucks. But maybe it was all just a mirage in my mind...

In any event, thanks, again.

• Options

@KnightRider said:
    Thanks for the explanation, grote15. It makes sense and you explained it far more succinctly and completely than eBay customer service could. Nevertheless, I think there were a couple times in 2018 when I bought something, waited a day or two to pay for it until an eBay Bucks promotion began, and then upon paying I received the additional eBay Bucks. But maybe it was all just a mirage in my mind...

In any event, thanks, again.

My pleasure. The one thing holding off to pay will work in conjunction with are the ebay coupon codes which apply for any purchases made before the coupon code expires. These are typically referred to as "flash sales" with 10% or 15% off any one time purchase and will apply to anything in your cart regardless of when it was purchased during the coupon code time frame.

• Options
    ElynnElynn Posts: 137 ✭✭

I have not received a EBay bucks promotion this year. How does EBay chose who gets it?

• Options
    NGS428NGS428 Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ahh, I didn’t get the offer. It actually saved me money by not buying though! :)

• Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@NGS428 That's a good way to look at it. Even if you get 10% back you spent 90% :)

Kris

• Options
    savitalesavitale Posts: 1,408 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m seeing 6% Bucks upon checkout using the app instead of 10%. Does anyone else have this problem?